The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » alien implants... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blurr
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of blurr
I have this vague idea for a patter line about "alien implants". Does anyone already use this theme?

Blurr
"Someday men will look back and say I was the start of the 20th century."
---Jack the Ripper
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Once, on the old Shadow network, I was challenged by one of the members to create a routine based on contemporary UFO 'mythology'.

In response, I came up with a little routine where the participant correctly chooses the 'genuine' alien implant from among a selection of five 'fake' ones.

However, I've never performed it, since it was created mostly as a 'thought experiment' to see if it could be done. But I imagine that it could be performed fairly easily by someone willing to take the time to create the props and present it properly.

Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Greetings,

There was a great routine in the New Invocation regarding a "seance" of sorts where the medium used a piece of twisted metal from a wrecked spaceship to make contact.

The effect was quite clever. Boards on the table or box ended up burned, lights appeared outside the window to a roaring noise, the medium received messages.

I amended the routine a bit. During a moment of obvious misdirection, I put a small scar on the back of my head. I drew no attention to it, only complained that I was disoriented and needed to lie down. The discovery of it and implications was up to the sitters.

Sam Haine
Magical entertainment for charities www.sam-haine.com
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Alien implants? Hmm, I think they're okay for alien strippers, but not for the everyday alien girl.
Smile Smile Smile
Anyway, you could do a standard effect and just use patter to get you there. How about the traditional five black balls and one white in a bag and you guess which chose the bag... the alien. Even Key-R-Rect can be directed that way. How about a strange orb that contains a message is locked and only one person can get the correct key. You are left with the last key that opens the orb. The message is read and states, "Excellent work, L7... now return to the mothership."
Just a few thoughts.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Forgive me.

I had a sudden vision of the magus describing the implant and even pointing to the spot on his neck where the metal pill has been inserted. He asks a spectator if they would like to touch it. Just as her finger presses against the almost-visible lump, it squeaks.

Yeah, squeakers.

Forgive me.

Sam Haine
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
A squeaker? Hmm. How about using a hand flasher to cause a spark to shoot out as the implant is touched?
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On 2002-07-09 02:12, Sam Haine wrote:
He asks a spectator if they would like to touch it. Just as her finger presses against the almost-visible lump, it squeaks.

Wouldn't that mean the aliens were "Killer Klowns from Outer Space?"

Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
That is a classic!

Now if only they could do Penomenon with those straws... Smile Smile
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
Swallow the implant tracking device. (Thread optional) Discover it bulging from your stomach, and cut it out.
Use a D'Lite for accidental activation.
PK implant. IT implant.
Coloring changing implants.
Miser's Dream implants.
Broken and restored implant.
(Al Koran's Medallion) implant.
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
Lesault
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Lesault
Jay Sankey's 'Billusion' might fit in well with the theme too...
http://www.pbdm.com/coolstuff27a.htm#cjsb00

Lesault.
mysterium
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
100 Posts

Profile of mysterium
Here's one...

Do a psychic surgery routine. Find a spectator who you believe has an alien implant. Scan her, determining the location.

Proceed to... gruesomely... remove the implant, which is caked with tissue and nasty gunk.
Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Greetings,

Mike Hughes: That is brilliant! Imagine pendulums held by other people acting oddly over that part of the person. Compasses behaving oddly. Demonstrate her bizarre affinity to small alien relics you own. There is an entire act in that nuggest you left on the table for us.

Sam Haine
mysterium
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
100 Posts

Profile of mysterium
Excellent suggestions, Sam! I feel a routine developing...
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Zombie is a great trick if you have an exterristeal like routine, but ET implants, can't help you there, you could pretend the Zombie ball is going through you by making it move back and forth under the cloth, it will look like that one scene in Aliens, do it right and it will look like it is coming out of your chest!
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2002-07-18 12:48, mysterium wrote:
Here's one...

Do a psychic surgery routine. Find a spectator who you believe has an alien implant. Scan her, determining the location.

Proceed to... gruesomely... remove the implant, which is caked with tissue and nasty gunk.

Don't freak her out! it might scar your audience for life, don't do it infront of a young child!
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I bought one on ebay Smile
It works GREAT!!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2007-03-04 23:30, Slim King wrote:
I bought one on ebay Smile
It works GREAT!!!!!!

Wrong kind of implant Slim.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
LOL!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
HA! LOL
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Oh....I get it now....HA HA Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » alien implants... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL