The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » IIssues... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I have no problem signing in on my laptop.

But for reasons I do not understand, I cannot get this site to accept my password on my iPhone or my iPad.

Any thoughts?

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Do you use the Mac Keychain application?

It will attempt to enter passwords for you if you do ... across multiple iDevices it can sometimes lose its way.

If you DO use it:
Sign out of the Café on all devices, delete cookies on all three iDevices, make sure the Magic Café isn't noted in your Keychain application on your desktop computer (it hides in your Utilities Folder - Keychain - highlight iCloud, and scroll down looking for a reference to the Magic Café. If you find one, delete it after making sure you remember your password).

Turn OFF the Keychain on your iPad and iPhone (Settings - iCloud - Keychain - Advanced - OFF)

Note that sometimes folks are using Keychain on their iDevice without knowing they're using it. One telltale that you might be using Keychain is that some internet browsers (especially Safari) will always auto-fill your password and user name for you.
BUT, Keychain and Autofill are two different things that "kind" of overlap purposes - Autofill does just what it's name suggests, and Keychain remembers passwords.

You may think you're just using Autofill, but in fact Keychain has (somehow) been activated in your iCloud account (which is where it lives, and why it can move passwords across all your iDevices).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » IIssues... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL