The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Mystery China Box (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
What do you guys think a mint, unopened Mystery China Box is worth? Now don't low ball me thinking it can be had for a steal cause I am not a dummy, Smile lol.

I have heard anywhere from $200 to $350. I see a used one, no package on Ebay now for $245.

Thanks for your input Smile .
anton.magician
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of anton.magician
I think about 200$ shipped.
I've sold one my for 150$ opened, mint condition. And have one opened for sale.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Prices have dropped considerably in the last few years. A few items are worth more than $100, and Mystery China Box is still one of them. But no more than $150.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated Smile .

I guess it all boils down to people will have varying opinions as to value of a multitude of items based on want, condition, and rarity. Of course that value is determined finally by what people will pay for things. It's funny, when I want to sell something I want a million dollars, but when I am buying, I want to pay one...lol. For truly rare items, whenever I have asked about price being high people tell me, "that's ok, you are free to find a other one", which I guess is true.

Not sure if was selling I'd agree that when a used item sells for $150 a new one is only worth $50 more at $200. If I was buying yes, Smile. Then again, there's a Mystery China Box on Ebay now, used, no box, for $234.....I'll pay a dollar! Smile .

It's a cool trick regardless of price and is very hard to find mint, and unopened and unused.
Jitterbug
View Profile
New user
Belgium
79 Posts

Profile of Jitterbug
That trick is already on ebay for more than a year, at 234$ (If I am not mistaken) and frankly, it irritates me. It is not worth that, and personally I question having an offer on for so long. If it does not sell, lower the price, because the point is selling, right? It finally gives the impression to people that 'that must be the price', which is not the case. Inflation of prices is the result...
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2016, Jitterbug wrote:
That trick is already on ebay for more than a year, at 234$ (If I am not mistaken) and frankly, it irritates me. It is not worth that, and personally I question having an offer on for so long. If it does not sell, lower the price, because the point is selling, right? It finally gives the impression to people that 'that must be the price', which is not the case. Inflation of prices is the result...

Also, it's used with no original package for that asking price, lol.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
It is always irrelevant what the opening price of an item is on eBay: it only matters what the final sales price is.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Now that I see those prices, I could kick myself for having sold several mint copies for less than $90 each.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2016, Richard Kaufman wrote:
It is always irrelevant what the opening price of an item is on eBay: it only matters what the final sales price is.

Agree 100% Richard Smile.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
My TENYO lot from the 70's is available -SEE PREVIOUS MESSAGE IN "Tenyo fo Japan"- prefer to sell whole lot in ONE package, best bid - all ready to ship- as previous buyer had to back out -- Please P/m me for any reply. Ralph(russo)Rousseau
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Mystery China Box (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL