The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Real Gambling Post (very) Serious Material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
As requested, I open here the most serious topic ever started on the Gambling post.

I suggest that only professional material should be discussed here. For instance, book announcements.

I hope none of you has taken seriously that I was about to release a book titled "How to deal seconds while watching Cubs on TV". Hey, I have nothing against baseball. In fact, I'm probably the only guy in England (Europe?) who understands jargon like "Slugging Percentage" or "RBI". But if I had to do something like that, it wouldn't be about the Cubs (please, let's be serious)!

No, my next book will be about stacking cards with gloves. Winters are freaking cold in UK, and it's become difficult for me to manipulate decks in such hostile environments. Fortunately, as all pros know, we can do all the classic sleights using gloves. After 15 years of self-denial and hard work, it makes no difference whether you are bared handed or whether you use gloves. (Be careful though, if you keep your gloves on in August, in a pub game in Mexico City, they may suspect you). As those very jealously guarded techniques are not mastered overnight, a book is needed. I'll do it.

It may take some time, because some friends from Finland and Russia have asked me to add special chapters. In Finland, they use gloves made with reindeer skin and it's a complete different technique (mainly because they use decks made of wood as well). In Russia, my friend says they accept gloves made of bear skin only. Not only it's more fluffy and adds some value to your sex-appeal, but it increases the difficulty in handling because all games start with the quick drinking of 12 pints of Vodka.

Serious stuff, I told you.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
@AMcD: You have to lighten up a bit.

Moving with gloves...after drinking 12 pints of Vodka? Well, if anyone can do that, you can. Smile

You are going to have Forte drooling with envy. You may even drive him to drink...maybe just 3 or 4 pints of Vodka to start.
Peterson
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Peterson
Well doing sleights with gloves might come in hand (gloves = hand) especially when you are a surgeon and you are playing with your colleagues after the surgery. So I hope to see the chapter on Disposable Plastic Gloves (DPG) in your next book. I am impatient.

"After 15 years of self-denial"
That must be very hard. We are glad that you survived.

By the way. Does someone ever seen the secret Marlo tapes - "no touch theory extended" where he deals seconds without touching the deck? I will appreciate any response.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
@Peterson

Good point. It's now a few decades that this "no touch theory" name makes me laugh.

A DPG chapter? Come on! It was supposed to be kept secret until Kennedy secret files are brought to the public eye.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
I am starting to get lost on this thread. Maybe tommy can clear things up here.
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
694 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
I hope the introduction is by the legendary card cheat Daniel Madison.
MarcoLostSomething
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of MarcoLostSomething
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2016, Bobbycash wrote:
I hope the introduction is by the legendary card cheat Daniel Madison.

lol
CoffeeBeans
View Profile
New user
Germany
39 Posts

Profile of CoffeeBeans
I'm having trouble stacking cards while wearing my thumbtip. I hope you cover this technique as well. I want to use some salt for beating the cut, and I'm holding it out with my thumb, but when I start trying to split stack it starts getting difficult.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Salt for cutting? Well... You'd be surprised lol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Real Gambling Post (very) Serious Material (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL