The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Helicopter- Now you see 'em; now you don't (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I have so many idea brewing for promoting a show in my area. Redding California lacks magic entertainment. That is another story. As for a future idea to promote my show at a local theater, I thought it would be great to vanish a helicopter on the evening news or to include as a video feed in the show. Aside from being a magician, I am a Firefighter EMT on a small Bell 206 L-4 Longranger helicopter (basically a news-crew sized ship). I like the vanishes Lance Burton has done at the beginning of his TV specials; with the big metal doors and the bus driving through the paper, etc. What a great idea it would be to promote an upcoming show. Any ideas? Would love to hear what you've got!
Bryan- Gilles Galaxies Magical Productions
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I have a method where you would land the helicopter in the middle of a stretch of deserted highway. No other people for miles. You get out of the helicopter, hold a curtain up between the camera and the copter, (yes you can see all around it at all times!) You remove the curtain and the helicopter is GONE!
The camera never moves during the vanish. Its one shot and never cuts away. No lazy-susans or any other way to manipulate the shot.
I originally intended this to be done with a car. Drive the car and stop in the median of the road. Get out and cover the car and it vanishes. But the method can be adapted to the helicopter.

Chad
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Hi Chad,

I am interested in publicity illusions. How practical is your idea. Does it really have nothing to do with the camera?
The Wicked Mr. Grey
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
177 Posts

Profile of The Wicked Mr. Grey
Didn't Burton do something very similar with elephants? haha...
What you have seen this evening was real, though it may have nothing to do with reality.

A Life Among Secrets
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Hi Mindfreak,

Are you talking about the herd of elephants vanish? If so, is it the one that is advertised in the Owenmagic catalogue?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Helicopter- Now you see 'em; now you don't (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL