The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question about Annemanns Practical Mental Effects vs Practical Mental Magic. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Pretty straight forward question. I have the older 1963 version printed by Tannens, in the newer version (By Dover?) is it a straight reprint word for word or has it been edited and re-written to be updated to a more current time / language / Way of thinking or anything like that? If any difference at all.

If someone can fill me in, I'm Just curious. I feel like I heard something of that nature from a random person in the past.

Sparked some interest into wanting to out. I sometimes have a hard time following this book and the way it's written.

Thanks.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
AFIK, it is the same book. Dover likes to retitle them.

The presentations are not all modern, but they are mostly very good. And those that don't work today (I seem to recall some stuff in the Jinx that used cigarettes as the motivation for going to the pocket, for example, don't recall for sure if any of those ended up in PME) will usually be sound enough in terms of structure to make it worth figuring out whether it can be done over in modern clothes.

-Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question about Annemanns Practical Mental Effects vs Practical Mental Magic. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL