The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Line of Sight by John Bannon Ressource (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

weeky91
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of weeky91
Hi,
Is there any video ressource of John Bannons Line of Sight from Dear Mr. Fantasy? I know how to do a pressure fan but with a step in the deck it does not seem to work. Is there an explanation on one of his tapes or just a performance video of someone?

Best Regards
Dustin Lehmann
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
A performance video would just be a pressure fan.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2016, magicfish wrote:

No, he's asking for a video demonstration/explanation of the Draun glimpse.

I believe Steve explains this move on his Penguin live lecture. I have not seen the lecture, but it's listed in the Penguin description.

As for Bannon's routine, I don't think there's a video performance available.

Hope that helps!
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
I watched Steve Draun's penguin live and the fan glimpse was not in it. The fan glimpse is in Steve Draun's standing room only DVD vol 2 and also in Allan Ackerman's advanced card control - control volume.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Thanks! That's too bad that they'd post a misleading description like that. But glad to hear there are other sources.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2016, Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2016, magicfish wrote:

No, he's asking for a video demonstration/explanation of the Draun glimpse.

I believe Steve explains this move on his Penguin live lecture. I have not seen the lecture, but it's listed in the Penguin description.

As for Bannon's routine, I don't think there's a video performance available.

Hope that helps!

No. He asked for a video demonstration of the move OR just a performance video. And as I said, just a performance video would be a guy doing a pressure fan.

The description of the sleight can be found in Secrets Draun from Underground by Richard Kaufman. A great book.
It is an excellent move.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2016, magicfish wrote:
No. He asked for a video demonstration of the move OR just a performance video.

You're right, that was a highly necessary point to make, as was a print source.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
A print source is extremely important.
In studying the book, there are innumerable benefits.
The wonderful, descriptive writing of Richard Kaufman, and the incredible motion-like illustrations may inspire the reader to seek out other books by this master author.
The book is a joy to behold and has a beautiful, high gloss hard cover.
The fact that it is an entire body of work of a master practitioner may inspire the student to seek out the works of other masters. Or perhaps implant an interest in the Chicago scene, or the circle of Marlovians who spent time with him.
In seeking out this Brilliant glimpse, you will be exposed to the rest of the material in the book, and within their descriptions, are nuances, implications, buts of wisdom.
The crediting, history, pathways of certain items may lead the reader in wonderful directions.
It may spawn a lifelong journey of self discovery the way it has for me.

I mention the printed source because I feel it is profoundly important.

It is because I care. Because I want to share that joy. Because I want to help.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
P.S. I feel it is of paramount importance to inform the seeker of a move or sleight or method, where it originally appeared and I will continue to do so to the best of my ability in spite of your incessant ridicule.
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
It's a great book but it's out of print. Ebay has some copies and they are all pretty expensive. Usually used copies are over 100 dollars and occasionally cheap copies show up but they are still around 70 dollars. So Steve's DVD sets are much more affordable option.
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
512 Posts

Profile of jcigam
Carl Andrews explains it (modified a bit) in his latest Penguin Live lecture.
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2016, SimonCard wrote:
It's a great book but it's out of print. Ebay has some copies and they are all pretty expensive. Usually used copies are over 100 dollars and occasionally cheap copies show up but they are still around 70 dollars. So Steve's DVD sets are much more affordable option.

I agree they are more affordable, but in my opinion, the book is better value.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Line of Sight by John Bannon Ressource (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL