The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Which hand do you load with (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Hello everyone. Just curious on this one but I was wondering which hand you load with in a cup routine, chop cup or c and b, and if you are right or left handed. Thanks in advance for the responses
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Both
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

The main reason I ask is because I want to buy a belt with pouches, the one in the link. However it will put my pouch, the next link, on my left side. I'm not sure if I like that as it may make ditching and retiring difficult. Essentially that will be my load/carey ditch pouch and I don't know what side I want it on. I will be doing chop cup work

https://thaiartistcollective.com/collect......ning-man

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=56
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Hip pouch is too small to really do any loads.

The medieval looking one won't work well, either...Not enough room.

If you want a sweet pouch, go with this one http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=85

I use one very similar and most other buskers use something at least this size as well.

Keep in mind that Frank does awesome work, however, his shipping time is usually not the greatest.

I would email him right after you place your order.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

That's a sweet pouch. I've actually thought about getting one. But the loads will just be two lemons for a chop cup routine. They will fit 5he pouch pretty easily
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
I have the hip pouch and you will not like it for busking. You don't have to believe me, but you will wish you did.

Good luck either way : )
That1MagicGuy
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of That1MagicGuy
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2016, cbguy wrote:
I have the hip pouch and you will not like it for busking. You don't have to believe me, but you will wish you did.

Good luck either way : )

Thanks for the advice , just order one , I am looking forward to use it when I busk on the street.
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
I hold the load in left hand and cup in right. Not sure why. Load is coming from left front pants pocket.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Thanks for the responses guys. I've been watching videos online and it seems like everyone not doing the Loomis micro chop cup routine loads with the left hand. I already own one of the hip pouches cbguy. Do you always wear the buskers pouch? Also what don't you like about it
Ish70
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Ish70
I use whichever hand is more "natural" for my C&B routine. Most of the loads are right hand, but there are a few left hand loads, too. I think it makes sense to switch it up to present the (in the words of Whit Haydn) "illusion of fairness".
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
I always wear the buskers pouch but, not everyone does.

There are a lot of guys who only put it on when they are getting ready to start their cup routine. There's nothing wrong with that, Gazzo does it all the time.

I don't do the cups. I actually use it to carry my stuff, which isn't much (rope, stick & thumb tip).

There are a few reasons why I have it on all the time:

1. It makes me stand out from a crowd.
2. It's really easy for me to reach in and grab whatever I need without having to fiddle in my pockets.
3. It makes cleaning up easy

The only thing I don't like about the one I have is that I wish I got the one with the hidden money pocket on it because after about two hours of working, I have stacks of cash that look like a drug dealer. I actually bought a second small pouch (about the size of the hip pouch) with a clasp on it to hold my money. It stays on the same belt as the Big pouch so the money is always on my person, which is another reason the pouch never comes off. However, even that extra pouch wasn't enough for working fairs and festivals, so I had to purchase a third small one to hold money as well.

If you watch my promo video, at second :52 you can see the first extra pouch I got to hold money on my left side.

Also, in that same video you can see the second extra pouch on my right side.

You will also notice that I have a couple of big 24 inch silks/bandanas around the belt and between the pouches on both sides. They are mostly for flash again, to help me stand out against a crowd. However the one on my left is a bandanna and I use it a lot to wipe my hands and face if I get too sweaty in the heat.

Hope this helps.
Ish70
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Ish70
Can I get a link to your promo video? I think I missed it somewhere.

Thanks in advance!
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
You didn't miss it...

Kyoki has it.

I try staying under the radar with very few exceptions.
Ish70
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Ish70
Gotcha. Understood.
Bodgit
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Bodgit
"The other one".

Sorry if it sounds trite, but I hope it still remains true.

As for handedness I'm probably still left dominant, but years playing a variety of instruments, juggling, manipulation, and some sleights have blurred any boundaries.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2016, cbguy wrote:
Both

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I have an original HIP POUCH from Ambitious Card. This is when they made them directional for either the left or right side.
I'm right handed but load with my left and ordered one for my left side.

I use this pouch THE MOST while busking and for strolling work. It fits two baseball loads, one of the smaller balls and then a full size Don Alan chop cup with the one ball inside which is how I start.

I love this pouch because it keeps everything in place. One baseball is at the bottom of the bag with the other one on top of it and towards the back of the pouch. One of the smaller balls sits in front of the top baseball. When I reach in to get a small ball or a load ball, there is no fumbling around. I can do this blindfolded. I can't say enough good things about the hip pouch.

I've tried the bigger pouches and they do work if you want to carry extra stuff to perform with. However, there is fumbling around when you're trying to do the cup and ball routine.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
TJ Fritts
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of TJ Fritts
I highly recommend learning to use both hands. You never know when the same spectator might hang around and being able to switch things up a bit is a layer of security for your methods. Having broken my left wrist as a kid I can also speak to the additional value of being ambidextrous. If you lose the use of the hand you do everything with (due to an accident/injury) you'll appreciate being able to function a little without having to retrain yourself to do everything. When I came out of the cast it took two full years before I felt comfortable writing with my left hand and I still tend to write with my right hand. Up until age 11 I was lefthanded, now I tend to use either and rely more on the right for many tasks.

Versatility is a tool you'll always use.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Which hand do you load with (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL