The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sharpie Through Bill by Alan Rorrison & SansMinds (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2016, Will Tsai wrote:
Hi Mr Effecto, I might be biased, but when Alan first shared this piece with us in performance I was personally blown away and excited over the simplicity and practicality. As a performer, before we were going to pursue the project, I was ready to pay Alan a lot more than $20 so I could perform his creation. Not to mentioned the details that really make the difference in working the piece that you cannot learn from just watching the performance. We were going to supply a 'gimmick' along with a SM sharpie for standard $35. At the same time it's such a great effect Alan and I want everyone to be able to afford this if situation allows. So we decided to keep it at the lowest price point we can afford which only requires a few min of work from your end. As we are always trying to bring out the best product for our supporters, I am interested to hear your opinion on what our decision should be in this case. Would you be happier purchasing the effect with a gimmick sharpie for $35?

why make a DVD at all? If you want everyone to be able to afford it, the price point could have been even lower with an instant download
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
@Bill08

I think there is a flaw in your reasoning. Magic companies don't want "...everyone to be able to afford it." They want to put it at the right price point so that ONLY people who really want it - buy it. Supply and demand. Cheap inexpensive downloads are passed around and traded by people who like to "steal magic." So I am glad companies are still trying to prevent magic theft.

I for one still like DVDs. I can rip a DVD to a digital file if I need it - but then I actually own a physical copy of the thing I ordered. The DVD is only $20 - most of the time a download
of this same size, length and production would cost the same.
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
I was responding to the quote above, where Will Tsai expressly states that he wants "everyone to be able to afford this"
on the one hand you admit that downloads are "cheap" and "inexpensive" and then go on to write that if this product were a download it would probably be the same price as the DVD anyways.
Re. pirating: a DVD is no safer from pirating than a download
Are your magic reviews unbiased David, or is there a reason you are promoting this product? maybe Murphys made too many DVD's? which is another reason for companies to favor downloads - no excess inventory problems
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
@Bill08 totally ubiased. I control every effect I review and I have the right to refuse any effect or be as negative as I want to be. As far as promoting this project? This DVD was made by SansMinds (not Murphy's - it's in the title of this thread) I guess I asked to review this one because it looked interesting and I was hoping it would come with a gimmicked sharpie! I love pen effects.

:D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sharpie Through Bill by Alan Rorrison & SansMinds (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL