The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » VANISH - The International Magic Magazine » » Odd feature of Vanishmagazine.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I have my browser set with the Adobe Flash plugin off. So, when I went to check out the new Uri Geller issue of Vanish recently, I clicked the "Free Current Issue" button, and was met with the response, "This page requires you to have Adobe Flash Player version later than 11.3 This content requires the Adobe Flash Player." OK, having Adobe Flash off intentionally, that doesn't surprise me.

However, when I went to check out Vanish on my iPad, which is incapable of running the Flash plug-in, and hit the same button, I'm immediately able to browse and download the current issue via what is presumably some sort of HTML5-based viewer.

Why isn't this viewer automatically a fallback on the website when Flash isn't available?
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Check the answer in Apple Suport for iPad. Same problem on iMac cured -- but annouyiong nonetheless. I blame Adobe more than Mac (security holes.)
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » VANISH - The International Magic Magazine » » Odd feature of Vanishmagazine.com (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL