The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Translation of magic theory (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JackOu
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of JackOu
Dear all,

Merry Christmas to you!

I am from Taiwan. In our country, there is few magic theory book translated into Chinese. I am considering translating books into Chinese version on condition that everything is legally permitted.

So far, I find one book, Our Magic by NEVIL MASKELYNE. That the information I find about the version by NEVIL MASKELYNE only is in public domain. If I stand corrected, please tell me. Considering few theory books in Taiwan now, I think it is easier to start off with some public domain books. After the books are translated, they would be published.

I was wondering if there are suggestions for me. For instance, is there any part that I miss which I should have considered? Or any suggestion on some theory books which are in public domain?

Thank you all.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Yes. Our Magic, published in 1911, is in the public domain.

Jean Eugene Robert-Houdin's works are also in the public domain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Translation of magic theory (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL