The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psyche by Peter Turner (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dannydaniels
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of dannydaniels
Thanks, Peter, for your response. It did me good and answered a lot of questions for me. The only "problem" I may have is that I live in Germany, and am wondering how this would go over when having to speak German. I have had to rearrange some of my English dialog and re-phrase things in order for the German public to comprehend what I want to say. For example, in English, it is simple to say "By a round of applause, how many of you have heard of me before?" However in German (and I literally translate), "If you have heard of me before, please applaud!" - what I'm getting at is that perhaps there is some fine wording in English that may be left out when speaking German?

With kind regards,

Danny
I'm not confused... I just don't know yet.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2016, Peter_turner wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2016, pilgrim wrote:
If you're able to estimate, just by dexterity and in a blink of an eye, that you're holding 21 cards in your hands, then this is a trick for you. Else... NOT. And don't hope for a certain didactical explanation... because he has that 'mesmerising manner and linguistic dexterity' in some kind of English dialect, that you will NOT understand any **** of what he's explaining!!! (I'm an IT-problem solver in a multinational with plants in 65 countries, and providing support and provide resolutions for them all --- so I know how to understand and explain stuff!!) It's not my first experience with this one. And BOTH times I felt ripped off!! And I'm NOT a beginner, and I feel attracted to bold methods, but this requires skills from a particular corner, skills from which I assume you obtain only by working HOURS with cards. And there's nothing wrong with that. If you can go along with this, why not. But don't spread this knowledge via commercial channels! It's ripping of money from peoples purses. And stick to that inner magic circle -network for distributing knowledge!!!

I don't mean to be offensive suggesting this but maybe you missed something? Learning how to shuffle a playing card to a position is roughly a five minute discussion out of an hour and a half... I added this as it is one method that can be used and doesn't mean it has to be.

You've missed the fact I share how to psychologically force Playing cards (with solid outs), mechanically force a card (while seeming completely havds off) - which can be done after 5 minutes practice - You don't even need to be able to shuffle a deck of cards. How to get someone to stop wherever you want without you ever touching the deck (which requires nothing more than fundamental card skills ala 'The royal road to card magic').How to deal with jazzing with a deck so that you do not need to touch it. I agree some of the linguistics require practice, I think I mention the second deal (as a mechanical option) to a hands of psychological variation of getting someone to move one card. If you struggle with the second deal use a double lift. What I offer is a series of tools, linguistics with mechanical outs all ensuring that the outcome gives you an effect that looks as clean as the trailer, I don't understand where the 21 card comment comes from.

The email that went out and ad copy openly state that this is fairly advance thinking (I personally disagree) - With a small amount of time tinkering anyone can do this. Sorry it's not a self working deck or electronic gimmick that does the work, I try to rely on my own instincts and practiced technique to make this work. I was inspired by the greats and invested as much time as it took to make me feel I had something that was workable every time - WHICH IT IS.

Someone above mentioned luck, there is nothing lucky about the trailer. It breaks down to nothing more than a psychological force of the seven of hearts (which is one of the simplist forces) a guess at the number I thought she was thinking of, note I asked "be honest did you go for a number in the twenties?" Had she of said "no" I'd have simply said "good because it's not there" - Anyone who has read 'Psychological Subtleties' will know that a number in the twenties is most frequently chosen so I fished for it and then I knew it was likely going to be 23 or 27 (just from performing this for as long as I have) and it hit (which it does frequently which I discuss in depth). If I had of been a couple out I'd have simply said "Even just guessing, I can get close to what I feel you will go for so to ensure this is random deal them facedown so that we end up at a number even you didn't know you'd be at".

For anyone wondering why I didn't place it at 23 you'll understand when you watch the download - I am happy this thread has come to fruition as I've just come across another method to add to my notebooks that is a result of thinking about what I just said Smile

The download teaches you how to be prepared for any outcome that is going to occur.

Once she had picked the Seven of hearts for me I was 99% sure that she would find it - I could have mechanically forced it from another deck if I wasn't comfortable, but I was and am comfortable I can pretty much do this with any card.

Again this is something else covered on the download.

I had never anticipated releasing any of my card work, after the lecture, penguin loved the card section I briefly covered and they approached me to work on this project,

The performances you see on the download are the only performances that were shot, they were shot on the last day of me being there with 20 mins to spare - as we had been so busy with other things. We went to the university and the people you see in the download are the only people that were available to perform on.

The performance on the trailer was ok at best, not even the best case scenario (I was out by one and had to casually get her to readjust) - Which is taught on the download) and my scripting was not as tight as I would have liked, I was tired and jet lagged. Most of the time I get the particpant to hit bang on the number, if that would have happened the trailer would have been infinitely better - But instead of fighting with penguin for more time and going for that holy grail looking trailer, we aired an honest trailer. It's hard because you can't please everyone, I wish I could as I would.

Penguin gave the uncut performance start to finish - I don't know what more could have been offered.

Cards and mentalism are not for everyone, this type of practice gives you a look into how I can do this stuff with cards (something that can be followed) I can apply this same thinking to pages in a book, pin codes, object selection or psychological work.

I feel (and would be honest if not) that there is a lot in here to learn, I enjoyed filming it.

Anyway,

Hope eveyone has an amazing holiday xx

Peter,

This sounds like an amazing winner and I will be picking this up soon. I have made peace with the fact that even if I am certain 100% of every word in my ad language can not be disputed----it will be. Just like there is 100% chance that if you show a video, people will question it (i.e. editing, perfect scenario, stooges, etc) vs. not show a video---people will get all over you either way.

Your past work and the current reviews speak volumes. I can't wait to get this.

Greg
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I enjoyed readings #2 I think it was, as a pdf. I think readings is within reach of everyone.

Psyche is better done on video as it were. Psyche is more easily understood by watching and listening.

Sure there are some spots and ideas that require practice and may or may not be 100% but there are plenty of ideas on psyche that can be used in a reasonable amount of time. The stop instruction pieces are without a doubt valuable tools.

You can't go wrong with psyche or really any of Mr Turner's offerings.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2016, dannydaniels wrote:
Thanks, Peter, for your response. It did me good and answered a lot of questions for me. The only "problem" I may have is that I live in Germany, and am wondering how this would go over when having to speak German. I have had to rearrange some of my English dialog and re-phrase things in order for the German public to comprehend what I want to say. For example, in English, it is simple to say "By a round of applause, how many of you have heard of me before?" However in German (and I literally translate), "If you have heard of me before, please applaud!" - what I'm getting at is that perhaps there is some fine wording in English that may be left out when speaking German?

With kind regards,

Danny

The dealing/ mechanical aspects of this you can do in any language. I think that the psychological force of the card you might find difficult (although if you already know a force then this will fit perfectly alongside this). 'Destination' by Rus Andrews I Imagine will work to force a card in any language (with a small amount of tinkering).

That is the only issue I can forsee as the only language dependant moment is forcing a card verbally. However the entire nature of the things I shared on this download are about observation and learning how to orchestrate desired outcomes. I will do my best to answer any questions anyone may have.

Yes these principles/ effects require work, they are not out-of the box self working miracles - If that is what you are looking for please don't buy this save your money I don't want anyone being under the illusion it falls into that category. I can promise one thing, if you take the time to learn this stuff it doesn't just apply to cards it will aid in learning how to get out of any situation and help you to be prepared for anything that comes your way.

I'm by no means an expert with cards but they are a great failsafe way of experimenting in getting people to change their mind, force a decision and if it falls flat be able to save yourself (if you have a slight knowledge).

If you can successfully force one card in a row everytime, what's the difference in forcing a particular object in a row?

It's all relative, I hope when people view this they view it with that in mind.

Pete x
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I thought I would chime in and give my thoughts on Psyche.

I have known Peter for about 5 years, and have studied all of his work, and have at one time or another performed some of it, professionally, for friends and family, or just messing around.

Peter has taught me a lot about taking chances, being bold, and making miracles happen.

Having said that, I have taken a look at Psyche, and I am not sure what people are complaining about.

Peter is opening up the doorway for you to explore myriad of techniques and methods for you to create the impossible.

From applications on placing a playing card in any position by merely shuffling, to psychologically forcing a playing card on the spectator, to even creating your own forces, timing, subtleties.

Everything takes practice, and I guarantee you if you study this 1 hour and 28 video that you receive upon purchasing, you will be able to destroy minds. I know since this type of work is what interests me and I, like Peter, have performed this type of mentalism, if you call it that, everywhere, and the good part is, everytime you do it, you get better and better, and practice makes perfect.

Who cares if you fail? or you are off by one, or on the suit, that is what makes this type of tool so valuable, because people can appreciate it more, since it looks like you arent doing anything.

Also, Peter tips his Not Another Ed Marlo Force, which opens up yet another world for forcing. I cant believe he even showed a Chan Canasta type effect on the download, and even though he doesn't explain it, you can figure it out, on how to make it work for you.

The tools that Peter gives you here allow you to create impromptu jazz miracles with a deck of cards, and if you don't want to put in the practice to do this, then maybe, you should just purchase that special gimmick that does the work for you, so you don't have to work at all or practice.

Like Peter says on the download, this isn't FAST FOOD mentalism, it takes practice, and soon in doing so, you will have multiple methods in being able to do what Peter has done.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I'll say EXACTLY what I said on the now dead (strangely) thread from L&G....

So as the guy that was live there through all the filming and explanations putting Peter in the "hot seat"...

This is fairly advanced material, but *** does it pay off!

I've used the techniques taught in the download to completely decimate audiences and to fool other magicians since the filming took place back in April. I always grill my audience members afterwards asking them how they thought things worked and to BE BRUTALLY HONEST...I would even go out of the way to ask if they believed it to be sleight of hand...no one had a realistic explanation! One hilarious story was of a drunken night out with a dear friend of mine doing ACAAN style effects all night using the deck at the bar then him BEGGING me to give him some kind of insight into how it worked!

Well...I did...HE DIDN'T BELIEVE IT AND WE ALMOST HAD A FALLING OUT OVER IT BECAUSE HE SWORE DOWN I WAS LYING!

This work is not in any way, shape or form a pipe dream. If you put the work into your personality and style to make this material become workable.

It really isn't hard, but it involves attitude and not just technique, so prepare to fail quite a few times until you get your game set match down.

If you're one of the lucky few that are disciplined, talented and charismatic enough to really put this into your daily working material then man you're in for a seriously amazing treat when you present this to the public!

XX,
Jacob
merricksforge
View Profile
New user
Asheville, NC
75 Posts

Profile of merricksforge
I found the material in the Psyche download to be enlightening and fun to play with in the real world.
This is not, as many have already stated, an 'out of the box' trick. However, this download has something that most 'out of the box' tricks don't have...a lot of different strategies that you can apply if something doesn't go according to 'plan'. The worst part of that is with Psyche EVERYTHING goes according to plan...or you're doing it wrong. Peter gives you everything you need to make this happen.
I know some were concerned about the estimation with cards and/or card work in general aspect of this. The way I perform this, even in my worst case scenario, I would not have to estimate or shuffle any cards, but if you are inclined to use such techniques. Peter has thoughtfully included his ideas on such.
I have performed this 20+ times already with many different target cards and it never misses.
Psychic Escape
Man has an invincible inclination to allow himself to be deceived and is, as it were, enchanted with happiness when the rhapsodist tells him epic fables as if they were true, or when the actor in the theater acts more royally than any real king. So long as it is able to deceive without injuring, that master of deception, the intellect, is free; it is released from its former slavery and celebrates its Saturnalia. It is never more luxuriant, richer, prouder, more clever and more daring. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
This is a very nice project. Peter is the modern David Berglas Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
January
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of January
The above descriptions have piqued my interest. Perhaps this would make for a good birthday purchase. (Mentalism purchases currently freezed in order to save for vacation! Hah.)
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2016, Mobius wrote:
I find the fact that there may be some card skills required oddly reassuring. I don't mind being bold but I struggle a bit with effects that are completely dependent on psychological forces and scripting. This is something I am working on but I am no Peter Turner. He has a mesmerizing manner and linguistic dexterity that is an effect in itself. Having seen the trailer and the impact of the effect I am kinda glad that there may be a bit of trickery involved. Makes it more accessible. That's why I love Isabella's Star so much. A pure moment from seemingly nowhere.

x2. I used to dread card skills, but am realizing just how useful they are to mentalism.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psyche by Peter Turner (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL