The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ungaffed Miser's Dream Bucket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I found my bucket at Bed Bath and Beyond. I think I paid about $10 for it. It is a container for kitchen utensils. I put two stainless cabinet knobs on the sides so that I can have sometime to hold on to the bucket with my thumb. It works great and has a very loud ring. Used it in a 500 seat theater recently and got a great response.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2010-07-05 11:38, Darkwing wrote:
I found my bucket at Bed Bath and Beyond. I think I paid about $10 for it. It is a container for kitchen utensils. I put two stainless cabinet knobs on the sides so that I can have sometime to hold on to the bucket with my thumb. It works great and has a very loud ring. Used it in a 500 seat theater recently and got a great response.

Meant to say "something"
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I have a friend who used a hub cap from a large truck. Highly chromed and rang like a bell.

(Just noticed the OP is eight years old. The July 3 date threw me off.)
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Alan Munro:

If I'm not using the Abbott's Foster/Chavez Coin Pail due to routining, I will use the Magic, Inc. Bell Bucket.

Most of the performers I know who use ungimmicked buckets use this....in fact, last time I saw Dick Oslund do his Miser's Dream routine, he used one.

I believe Chris Capeheart uses one, too, fwiw.

It's built like a tank, has superior "noise", and will last a lifetime.....
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I use a copper pitcher with a brass handle -- a different sound when you are not directly holding the "bucket" A beer mug with glass bottom has a nice sound and some visability advantages (and load opportunties as you show the bottom)
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
Currently, I have a metal pail I got from the dollar store, that I took the swinging handle off of. It makes a loud enough noise for me, though I could see the advantage of a bell bucket if you have large audiences.

When I'm doing Renn fairs, I have a wooden bucket I got from Michael's arts and crafts. It fits the theme and though the noise is a little dull, works well for close-up/ platform.
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Quote:
On 2010-07-05 17:31, Darkwing wrote:
Quote:

Meant to say "something"

Darkwing, thanks for enlightening me! I bought a utensil holder from Bed Bath and Beyond on sale for $6.00. I love the sound it makes but the look has always been a little drab to me. After I read your post about putting knobs on, I realized that I had seen a set of knobs at Lowes last night that would look perfect. I'm leaving for Lowes now, and tomorrow morning I'll be performing Knob augmentation on my misers dream bucket.

David
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Ooops forgot,

Magicrma, you're right about a paper bag. Gary Darwin demonstrates on his museuem dvd how you only need a paper bag and one coin and you can do a great routine. I've used it in my son's lunch room borrowing a lunch sack and a quarter. Great response till I handed the lunch sack back to the little boy, very disappointed look on his face when he didn't see any quarters at the bottom of his bag. Cost me ice cream for the class, LOL.
David
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2010-07-30 21:28, DATMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-07-05 17:31, Darkwing wrote:
Quote:

Meant to say "something"

Darkwing, thanks for enlightening me! I bought a utensil holder from Bed Bath and Beyond on sale for $6.00. I love the sound it makes but the look has always been a little drab to me. After I read your post about putting knobs on, I realized that I had seen a set of knobs at Lowes last night that would look perfect. I'm leaving for Lowes now, and tomorrow morning I'll be performing Knob augmentation on my misers dream bucket.

David

David,

Lowes is the place I got my knobs. Got some stainless steel ones and they look great on the pail.
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Darkman,

Had to let you know, I got my knobs put on this morning and left the bucket on my desk and went out. On my way home I called the wife to let her know I was coming and discovered she was pretty upset with me. Seems she found the bucket on my desk and thought I had bought the one I had been looking at for at $50+. When I told her what I had done she didn't believe me. I had to show her the knob packages to prove it, LOL. I told her I came up with the idea in my sleep--Sorry about that. (she knew better)

DAvid
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
David,

I glad it worked out for you. I can't take credit for the idea about the knobs. It came from Levent's Miser Dream DVD. It does help keep your hand from getting fatigued and gives you something to hold on to so your hand doesn't slip.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ungaffed Miser's Dream Bucket (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL