The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Bending by Matt Mello. Out of the box thinking! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
If you know Modern Mentalism, you know Matt Mello. He is known to have super clever methods but not just for the sake of it, but to create great visual and unique Mentalism.

Mental Bending is not exception.

Manipulate thoughts and feelings, letting your participant FEEL inside his hand a coin morphing.
No, is not just suggestion, it is a genius use of an old gimmick that you will LOVE

More info HERE
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks for the post, Pablo, and for hosting "Mental Bending" on your site!

For those of you who are wondering, this is the same effect from my "State of Mind" manuscript, I've just decided to offer it as a stand-alone download.

As usual, "Mental Bending" is also available for purchase directly through myself, by sending $14.95 to mattmello88@gmail.com through PayPal.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Mental bending is a really fun routine that I've had in my wallet since I read State of Mind. It gets really strange reactions which are very unique to this effect. Get this while you can.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Sounds great Madison, How likely are we to have the gimmick?

Joel
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2017, JoelDickinson wrote:
Sounds great Madison, How likely are we to have the gimmick?

Joel

Very unlikely. But I made mine up for about $3 total.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Glad I stumbled upon this thread. Hadn't heard of this one. As luck would have it, as a member of the Martinka Coin Club, I got a trick a few months ago that came with the gimmick needed for this. Now I have to remember which drawer I threw it in. I can see this working very well. One thought I had was to use a sven pad with this. You put the coin in the spectator's hand and then hand a sven pad to someone else. Show that the pad has a different small item written on every page. Have them open the pad to any page they like and you then cause the spectator holding the coin to feel as if they are holding the object the second spectator merely peeked at in the pad. Maybe overkill but I think the addition of the pad takes even further heat off the coin or even the possibility that you are using some kind of gimmick because there would be no way you could have a gimmick that would make the spectator "feel" every object in the pad. Just my two cents.

Great release.
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Matt's work is always pretty fresh. He has some neat ideas and work arounds to perform some amazing magic and mentalism. Looking forward to checking this out.
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Nice idea Eric.
Before long I think a lot of us are going to have an entire shelf devoted to various SvenPads!
A dream come true for Brett no doubt.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
How common is this gimmick. I don't do much in the way of traditional magic so I often don't have gimmicks that creators think everyone has.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2017, WitchDocChris wrote:
How common is this gimmick. I don't do much in the way of traditional magic so I often don't have gimmicks that creators think everyone has.

you make it yourself with items you will have, maybe need to buy one thing for the construction for a few quid (bucks)
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Purchased it this morning. Now just waiting for it to be delivered.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks for all of the interest, guys!

I really like that idea, Eric. I could definitely see that playing well.

In more impromptu scenarios, I typically present it as a synchronization piece. I openly display and place a coin into one participant's hand, and then place another small item into a second participant's hand, without allowing anyone to see what it is. The subject holding the coin then mysteriously feels the object held by the other person. I just like how this effect doesn't feel setup in any way. You're just taking a couple of common items out of your pocket and performing something mind-blowing with them.

As others have mentioned, the "Mental Bending" gimmick can be made for a few dollars. I also wanted to clarify that you don't need any real craft skills to make the gimmick. It's extremely easy.

Mike, did you purchase this directly from me?
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2017, matthewmello wrote:
Thanks for all of the interest, guys!

I really like that idea, Eric. I could definitely see that playing well.

In more impromptu scenarios, I typically present it as a synchronization piece. I openly display and place a coin into one participant's hand, and then place another small item into a second participant's hand, without allowing anyone to see what it is. The subject holding the coin then mysteriously feels the object held by the other person. I just like how this effect doesn't feel setup in any way. You're just taking a couple of common items out of your pocket and performing something mind-blowing with them.

As others have mentioned, the "Mental Bending" gimmick can be made for a few dollars. I also wanted to clarify that you don't need any real craft skills to make the gimmick. It's extremely easy.

Mike, did you purchase this directly from me?

Yes I did. I have the PayPal transaction email if that helps.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
I don't seem to have any record of it in my emails, or on my PayPal account. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but if you could please send the transaction email to mattmello88@gmail.com I'll be sure to get the PDF right over to you.

Anyone who purchases through my PayPal, if you could also include a valid email address, plus the title of the product, that would be greatly helpful!

Matt
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
"Mental Bending" can now be found on Penguin:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7897
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
How does this compare to the "Imaginary Object?"
Thanks
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, Sparda wrote:
How does this compare to the "Imaginary Object?"
Thanks

What do you mean? It's a different effect.
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Maybe I missing something. In the imaginary object you place something into a spectators hand and a different spectator who is not holding anything fells the same object.
In mental bending isn't the effect that you put an object into a spectators hand and a different spectator who is holding a coin feels that same thing?
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
The effects have a similar feel to them, but they're very different.

"Imaginary Object" is about making someone feel an object in their hand that isn't actually there.

"Mental Bending" is a way to alter how a metal object (coin) feels in their hand.

The objects used in "Mental Bending" are much more common pocket items. It just makes the effect feel more organic and impromptu. Plus, I can slip the gimmick in my wallet and always have it ready to go!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Bending by Matt Mello. Out of the box thinking! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL