The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Orange Lemon egg... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Question:
Why bother with the cage? I know it makes the effect look bigger, BUT I've used a slightly modified mirror goblet for the effect, and for a barehanded method, a harness. These move the focus from the props, to me, and (in my humble opinion) look more like real magic than a trick.
Just a little thinking outside of the box, or in this case, the cage.

Tony
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
I currently use Doug Malloy's cage, and have well over a thousand real world performances on it. I have only had 3 "mis-fires" where it didn't appear. All of those were because I didn't load it myself. Even with these mis-fires, the effect still looked great, I just had to quickly release the gimmick from within the cage. Not a big deal, and the audience had no clue.

Being from the west coast, I haven't had the opportunity to really use much of Chalet or Proline's equipment... but yes... stay away from Tilford.

I have heard ONLY great things about Cliff though!

Hope this helps...

Dave
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I built a prototype for when I used to do this routine where the egg is broken on a swing and the parakeet appears on the swing. I'll have to dig for it but if anyone interested in it and think they want to tinker with it let me know.

How do you get 100 eggs, 100 lemons, 100 parakeets, and 1 orange in a dish for the OLEC routine?

...an electro chop-o-matic

how do you get them out?

...a tortilla chip.
DANSPERRY.COM
mysticmark
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of mysticmark
Wait till you see Cliff's new OLEC from Proline. It's a killer. I have the new version and I shouldn't tell anyone so I'll have the only one. lol I spend a lot for good props and this is class and quality rolled into one. So what I'm trying to say, is don't buy one so I will be the only one with the best.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
How long can the bird stay loaded in the Malloy cage ? Lots of room? And do you know if anyone make an OLEP that looks old school, like something you would have seen in the 40's, Abbotts style ?
Thanks guys
prolineprops
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of prolineprops
Thanks for the plug mysticmark. I'm pleased you like the new design. This is an old thread and reading my former post, I had to chuckle because my new cage now has a plexi front and back. Hey, a guy can change his mind, can't he? I should have pics on my website in a couple of days.

Just for the record, I went with a new design as a compromise with another great builder ;Doug Malloy. Although I've been making the cage your many years, it has been mostly "underground". Doug saw pictures of my former design on the Café' a couple of months ago and gave me a call. It was a very pleasant conversation and in the end, we both agreed there might be confussion in the marketplace as we both used a similar cage style. Since his version was more widley visible through many magazine ads, I conceeded to change my design and I'm glad I did.

Check it out if your interested. It is a very contemporary design and different than anything you have seen before.

Cliff Wiggs
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
What's your website Cliff?
Thanks.
Dave
prolineprops
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of prolineprops
Quote:
On 2006-11-20 09:43, DaveWomach wrote:
What's your website Cliff?
Thanks.
Dave

Hi Dave!

It is still under major construction. I have three new products to upload-hopefully this week; OLEP, Rabbit Vanish, and Doves to Small Animal (ala Lady to Lion).
The addy is http://www.proline-magic.com

Cliff
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
I am a perfectionist when comes to quality, most of the past props I ordered…..I will always have some minor displeased with certain issues.

BUT, Cliff previous OLEC cage totally blew me away when I received it 2 months back, I have NOT seen such a well Made cage; I am NOT kidding...WOW! Now I can't bear to use it...

I own 2 other OLEC by other big manufactures, (With NO disrespect to them-in my personal view)Cliff's stands out & beats them hands down!

Cliff's hooking method, is SO SO Easy to lock & release....we always have a problem, with the past cage with the hooking method...but his is so easy to work, the idea is amazing!

He makes my custom made OLEC machine by Renowned Las Vegas Mechanical Magician-Mike Michaels looks a beauty!

Now looking to receiving my PWPro Cage with 4 legs & buying his new OLEC cage,I can't wait Smile

Thanks again Cliff Smile
dove-boy
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
182 Posts

Profile of allan31
Hi !

I would like to tell you Cliff is a great guy and I am waiting to recieve my prop from Cliff : a custom 6 doves to cockatoo.
I guess it's going to be my cage on the website this week !!!

I had some years ago a dove cage vanish from Proline and it really was an incredible prop, very deceptive, beautifull on stage. The new Pw procage with the ideas of Jason Purdy seems to be even better.

I bought an OLEC from Doug Malloy 4 years ago and I am very happy with it but I really like the design of this effect from Cliff.

Best regards,
Allan
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I look forward to seeing the new design as well! OLEP is my "bread & butter" effect...

-Bryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Orange Lemon egg... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL