The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarantula II will be announced on the 1st of march ! (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
I know this isn't out yet, so this question might be impossible to answer:

In the marketing blurb, it says, "The Tarantula II is perfect anytime, anywhere, and in any light condition." Is this possible with IT?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Not unless Yigal has come up with a super-IT Smile If he had, it would be the IT on pre-order instead of the device Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
I agree. However, I hope it is possible with this product - not because it'd be cool, or because I need it to be (there are almost always ways around adverse lighting conditions), but because all the vendors whose websites I have looked at say either "The Tarantula II is perfect anytime, anywhere, and in any light condition" or "The Tarantula II can produce real magic anytime, anywhere, and in any light condition". Indeed, Steve Brooks in a Broadcast Message in my PM inbox here on the Café had one of those copied into it.

It'd be a real shame if they were all just repeating claims without having checked those claims' validity. After all, it's no big deal or effort to adjust the marketing text I assume they've copied & pasted to include a phrase such as "Yigal Mesika claims ..." or "According to Yigal Mesika...". Maybe, since there are almost always ways around adverse lighting conditions, the claim can be said to be true. But then it's true of all IT products, not exactly a USP for this one.

Anyway, enough of my babbling. As I say, I really hope it is possible with the Tarantula II (although my hopes are about as high as a bug's knees).

Rich
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I would bet a 100 bucks its the same I.T. as the 1st one and the pro pen uses.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
It's I.T. - it's not going to work in all lighting conditions. Regardless of the ad copy.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2017, scott0819 wrote:
It's I.T. - it's not going to work in all lighting conditions. Regardless of the ad copy.

Yup agree... I will be absolutely amazed and shocked if the so called claim of being workable in ANY lighting condition is true. I literally don't know, played with or heard of any thread to date that can give this bold statement and am really hoping it's true with this. Lighting from the wrong angle, especially from behind is one of worst case scenarios when performing causing the flash, so will be interesting when thread workers who know the flaws using IT put this to an independent and real world test giving their feedback.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
The gimmick itself can be used in all lighting conditions.....not so much the IT. hmmm
TidyYourRoom
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of TidyYourRoom
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2017, scott0819 wrote:

Yup agree... I will be absolutely amazed and shocked if the so called claim of being workable in ANY lighting condition is true. I literally don't know

Of course it's not true.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
You got it to make that actual statement? No - of course you don't.
What happened to innocent until proven guilty... Lets wait and see but actually this sentence is correct - if we want to be pedantic...
"The Tarantula II can produce real magic anytime, anywhere, and in any light condition"
Yes it can produce real magic in any light conditions - its not saying " The Tarantula II can produce real magic and that the IT will be invisible and you wont see the thread in any light condition".
So technically the statement is correct and we are all assuming this is referring to visibility of the IT - which in a misleading way it does if its not true.

More reason to 100% be able to get a refund easier than normal (if not true) about misleading ad copy and the IT can be seen in certain lighting - where the ad copy states any light condition.
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
What happened to innocent until proven guilty... Lets wait and see but actually this sentence is correct - if we want to be pedantic...
"The Tarantula II can produce real magic anytime, anywhere, and in any light condition"
Yes it can produce real magic in any light conditions - its not saying " The Tarantula II can produce real magic and that the IT will be invisible and you wont see the thread in any light condition".
So technically the statement is correct and we are all assuming this is referring to visibility of the IT - which in a misleading way it does if its not true.

More reason to 100% be able to get a refund easier than normal (if not true) about misleading ad copy and the IT can be seen in certain lighting - where the ad copy states any light condition.

The only reason to bring up "light conditions" when speaking of IT would be for th**** visibility.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2017, PRINCE wrote:

If you want to play the semantics game, it's still not right. For starters, no matter what the Tarantula can do, it's not producing "real magic" - unless it's perhaps a elderberry wand with a tarantula-hair core (15"). Even ignoring that fact, it's not even "kind of" magic from the audience's perspective if they can see the stuff hanging in the air. Visible IT ==> not a fooler.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Actually your right with the "producing real magic" comment.
All joking aside I'm praying this will live up to the hype.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
The people in the trailer filming with cell phone and flash light on didn't see the i.t.?!
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
If Yigal had come up with an any-light-scenario-usable IT, it wouldn't be advertised via a cryptic reference in the ad copy for a different product. He would be making money hand over fist taking (pre)orders for his new Spider Thread.

Just a guess Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarantula II will be announced on the 1st of march ! (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL