The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SEEN by Kevin Parker (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Has anybody SEEN this? LOL, no pun intended!

Here is the as blurb:

Use x-ray vision on a deck of cards. You stare at the deck and are able to see inside it somehow and cut to the card named by spectator. AFTER they have shuffled it.

Impromptu. No stacks or memorized deck. Use borrowed deck. Instant Repeat.

This is what it would look like if you actually had x-ray superpowers.

Get access to the instant streaming video tutorial.

"This effect is amazing, it's as if the performer has phenomenal cosmic powers of prediction. I give this a thumbs up" - Camilo Iribarren

I just bought it and am waiting to get the download. Will let you know my thoughts. Click here to access it: https://gumroad.com/l/jqyJ#

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Well if Camilo Iribarren said it's good it must be good. Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Now now Pegasus. I almost thought the same thing but let's try and be nice. As for the effect, not sure how I feel about this for $8.95 and as a stand alone release. I would have felt better if it was included in an ebook with a few effects for $8.95. But I will try it out and post back.

RNK
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Just joking. I hope it's it's a worker. Looking forward to your thoughts.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Pretty interesting. He's got me. Let's see what RNK thinks.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ok. After conferring with someone more knowledgeable than myself it has been brought to my attention that Ian Rowland came out with something similar before this. Not the so much the finding a single spoken card by a single cut but naming cards after shuffling. I believe it's called Thetalia which I actually purchased when it was released. And actually, the method to achieve this is very similar. So basically this really is just an "idea" which puts me in a position to honestly not be able to give a review. I do not think this is worth $8.95 for an old idea.

RNK
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2017, RNK wrote:
Ok. After conferring with someone more knowledgeable than myself it has been brought to my attention that Ian Rowland came out with something similar before this. Not the so much the finding a single spoken card by a single cut but naming cards after shuffling. I believe it's called Thetalia which I actually purchased when it was released. And actually, the method to achieve this is very similar. So basically this really is just an "idea" which puts me in a position to honestly not be able to give a review. I do not think this is worth $8.95 for an old idea.

RNK

Seen.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Lol. No pun intended, eH?
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Would love to here a review on this...looks really interesting
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
I just purchased and watched this. Here is a quick review.

The length of the video is 7 minutes and 36 seconds, and that includes a repeat of the trailer.

Kevin provides the basic idea that makes this work, but not much beyond that.

I think people that are thinking of buying this should know that you cannot cut to any card named, you can only cut to any VALUE named.

The spectator can shuffle to begin with, but there is some handling of the cards that you have to do AFTER the spectator has shuffled the cards and AFTER they have named the VALUE.

Also, the handling that is taught, in my opinion, is not really that deceptive.

If you aren't comfortable with estimation, then this trick is not going to be for you. If you are comfortable with estimation, you can hit their VALUE about 90% if the time.

I wasn't very keen on the presentation, so I probably won't use that. I also wasn't thrilled with the method, so I probably won't use that either.

All in all, I'm glad that this only cost $8.95 because if it were more, I'd probably be even more disappointed.

Sorry Kevin, I wanted to like it. Maybe next time?
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SEEN by Kevin Parker (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL