The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Stage Table help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I am not sure that what I want exists

I have no real knowledge or experience to fall back on

This would be my first of this type of purchase

What I am after [ideally] is:

Something that turns into a small prop table – both so I can occasionally display an effect on it, but mostly so that I can have the items easily ditched/reached

This table would ideally also break down into a carrying case/bag – though I have very few props – it would just be nice for it to all be self-contained [and easily portable all in one unit – with the table]

Now the next requirement – that it would be quite sturdy – well secure enough that I can do a stabbed [nail under bag] type routine

Hopefully all of the above and it wouldn’t weigh too much

I realise there probably is no such thing

But any ideas of what might be the closest fit [?]

To give a short idea of what I might be taking around with me, maybe a few pack small [ahem, play big items] – book tests, ‘nailed it’, packs of cards… so I would think quite a small amount of props [though I am sure that will change as time goes by]

Thanks for any advice/help/abuse
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Note - cost is not a big issue - in that I'm not worried about finding a 'cheap' solution but rather the best
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I think you might find the Hank Moorehouse - Joe Lefler box table to your liking. It meets all your requirements. There are 2 sizes so get the one that you thinks meets your prop storage.

https://squareup.com/market/showtime-magic-products/

Some simply use a suitcase placed on a folding card table or restaurant folding stand purchase at most restaurant supply stores.

The suitcase I found was specially made in New York, that will fit as carry-on and under the seat of an airplane.

http://www.fibrecase.com/salesmancases.html

Call them and they can fix you up. Not that expensive either.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Thanks for that

This one looks rather interesting

Pro Suitcase Table-Retractable Handle

As it seems to be the only one that 'turns' into the normal suitcase with wheels

But I can't seem to see any more details about it - like photos of it when up as a table

AND more importantly - it seems to suggest that they do not sell outside of the US [I'm in the UK]

I will search and see if someone maybe sells them over here

Thanks again
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I suggest you 1st contact the referenced manufacturer to have your questions answered.

If you have a magic shop you frequent, and buy from, then contact them, they may be able to order one for you, as this place wholesales.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Stage Table help? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL