The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite "Think of A Card" Routines? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2002-07-09 16:24, groovy wrote:
Anyone that goes straight into the last phase ruins the whole idea of the routine, or has completely messed it up.

Like most of Mark's material, this is simple but brilliant piece of thinking.

Groovy

I use it as the final phase of a three phase routine. The test conditions get progressively harder as the routine progresses.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
I use my own version of the 'dream deck' as described in Paramiracles. They can shuffle the deck to their hearts content, yet the card they select will always be a part of the simple 6 spot card rotation, or one of two picture cards. I then use the pumping system alluded to in Derren Brown's Pure Effect, essentially judging the spectator's reaction to what I say until I correctly divine their card. The rotation is 3D, 7H, 9D, 2C, 6S, 8C. with several JC and KH. I can therefore fan the deck briefly at the start with noone being the wiser.
Any thoughts on makin this more seamless?
Thanks, Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

The thought of card is an old plot, Hofzinser (1806-1875) had solutions to the problem.

Yours faithfully

Smile Dan Kirsch Smile
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Don't forget these:
Dai Vernon's Out of Sight, Out of Mind (it's impromptu, leaves spectators speechless and can be found in Ganson's More Inner Secrets and on one of the great Johnny Thompson Videos)

Ultra Mental Deck (better knows as the Invisible Deck)

last not least: Simon Aronson's "Simon Eyes" in his book "The Aronson Approach".
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
If you like Mark Masons think a card check out Joe Ridings' Tapes because Mark Learned it from Joe.
Phillip
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2002-07-05 16:30, kou wrote:
Thanks, Scott.

Does anyone know of any routines that use no cards (more along the lines of a psychological force)?

-kou

While it's not exactly what you might be asking for, how about "The Hedonists Make Up All The Rules" from "Brainstorm in the Bahamas" (Also in "Art of Astonishment"). I love the required on-your-feet thinking of this effect! ;-)
Marcus Selle
View Profile
New user
Berlin, Germany
58 Posts

Profile of Marcus Selle
Like Uli, I recommend Vernon's "Out of sight - out of mind" especially the revised handling described in the December 2001 issue of Genii. It is much more streamlined than the handling in the Inner Secrets book.

Marcus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite "Think of A Card" Routines? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL