The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vernet Ethereal Salt shaker (the "salt") (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Anyone know where to purchase the micro-glass beads used to represent "salt" in the Vernet Ethereal Salt Shaker ?

They use the micro-glass beads to avoid the issue of real salt getting sticky due to humidity . It looks fine , except if you compare it to real salt it does not look quite as white as real salt . I would like to do a salt transposition effect that starts with the "salt" in a different container and then appears in the previously empty salt shaker (Ethereal Salt shaker) . However, the salt has to match the "salt" in the Vernet Ethereal Salt shaker .
They call it micro-glass beads in the instructions . I wrote to Vernet company, but have not yet heard back from them. I was hoping someone here might know a source for white micro-glass beads .

Thanks.
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of jmagic
I use 2 Vernet Salt Shakers. The salt from one is made to vanish and it appears in the previously shown empty one.The empty one was covered with a silk. Works great
Lee Brown
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Lee Brown
Some crafts stores and art supply houses have the micro glass balls. They are used in reflective signs.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Thanks for the tip , Lee. I will check the local stores .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vernet Ethereal Salt shaker (the "salt") (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL