The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Purse Frame Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I got to see Bill's routine at Metro-Magic in NJ. It's a well constructed routine. looks really good. Great job Bill!!!

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Quote:
On 2005-11-28 16:28, twistedace wrote:
I have to see it again. I remember it being pretty good last time I saw it with some kinks to work out. You'll have to show me sometime soon Bill!!!!

Bryan!!!!! LOL, lemme know when you wanna see it man, it's not like we never see each other LOL...Talk to ya later man. Also, a lot of the routining came from the night in the diner after SAM, but since then I've added some little finesses that make the routine better, at least I think LOL.

Quote:
On 2005-11-28 16:31, mystre71 wrote:
I got to see Bill's routine at Metro-Magic in NJ. It's a well constructed routine. looks really good. Great job Bill!!!

Joe

As for the finesses, that I talked about just above this, thanks goes out to Joe Cole, Eric Jones and Joe Rindfleisch for their ideas that they so graciously allowed me to use. Thanks guys!

Keeps the comments coming, I love to hear feedback of what people think, I'm hoping to have a video up of the routine soon, but I dunno when.

Talk to ya'll later
-Bill
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Bill,

You already know I enjoyed the routine greatly. As far as the previous discussion for those researching other routines with a purse frame, check out Gary Kurtz routine Relentless.

Also check with Joe Rindfleish, he has a killer production of coins from an empty purse frame that can be accessed from his site. His is one of the most magical looking productions I've ever seen. Unfortunately, the name escapes me.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Quote:
On 2005-11-28 19:20, Godhandz wrote:
Bill,

You already know I enjoyed the routine greatly. As far as the previous discussion for those researching other routines with a purse frame, check out Gary Kurtz routine Relentless.

Also check with Joe Rindfleish, he has a killer production of coins from an empty purse frame that can be accessed from his site. His is one of the most magical looking productions I've ever seen. Unfortunately, the name escapes me.

And I'll thank you again Eric! LOL... As for Joe's routine, it is one of the most magical productions I've seen with a Purse Frame as well, although I'm in the same boat as Eric and can't remember the name.

-Bill
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2004-04-05 15:08, T.House wrote:
Okay, it is not really a purse frame, but Frank Zak has a routine which involves pictures of a coin purse on a piece of paper. You fold the paper into a small purse, and dump out a jumbo coin.

Bruce Hetzler

I like that idea, where the hell can I find that routine!?!?!?!?
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
DudleyMagic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DudleyMagic
Hi Bill

Take a look at Garrett Thomas new dvd "Inside the mind of Garrett Thomas".On volume one he performs and explains his "Big Coin Little Purse" routine.

The sequence using the Jumbo coin is visually stunning,and would certainly interest you.

Best Regards
DAT
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
Bill's routine is awsome!!!! patter is nice as well as the routines contruction.

As for my routine It's Called Pursey!!!
Thanks for the comments.

Joe Rindfleisch
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
I agree with Eric and the two Joe, the routine is excellent and the patter goes very well with it.

Mano T.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I have a three coin production and vanish of three silver coins that then change into chinese coin. Unfortunatley it is NOT going to be on my upcoming DVD's..however, I will be lecturing on it at this years magi-fest!
http://www.magifest.org
Justin MIller
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Bill, we have to get together and session sometime soon. I have a whole bunch of new coin stuff I've been working on and want you to see. Plus I definately have to see this now. I'm sure it's come a LONG way since when we sat together at the diner that night plugging away at it! See you soon buddy!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
PS I'm so mad I didn't go up to that convention in NJ. Magi Fest is gonna ROCK though!
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Quote:
On 2005-11-29 14:43, twistedace wrote:
PS I'm so mad I didn't go up to that convention in NJ. Magi Fest is gonna ROCK though!

I'm telling ya man, you missed out! LOL, as for Magi-Fest, it's most definitely gonna be AWESOME!!!!!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

It will be nice to see old faces and meet new friends.
Justin Miller
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Justin,

I look forward to seeing and meeting you at Magi-Fest!

-Bill
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Ditto that Bill.
Justin Miller
earlmat
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of earlmat
I certainly echo some the suggestions that have been given in this chain. There is a manuscript for a routine by Fred Kaps called the "Fred Kaps Purse." Curtis Kam referenced this routine earlier in this chain. A silver half dollar and a chinese coin are use in this routine.

Also, "Tricks of My Trade," which is a book written by Paul Cummins featuring the magic of Doug Conn, describes a purse frame routine where a jumbo coin is produced.

I have performed both routines, or variations of them, and have gotten positive responses.

Thank you for your question. I've enjoyed reading the feedback

Earl
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I have briefly read through the Kaps routine, but not enough to have an opinion on it. I may still end up picking it up just to read through, but right now the construction of my routine is rather solid, so I've been told. I don't foresee changing any of the method around in the near future, but rather break the "cloth" so that it is as polished as it can be.

-Bill
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
So Bill, are you definitly in for Magi-Fest now??????
I can attest that to a "card" guy, your routine of the 5th Dimension is definitly something that makes me wish I had the patience for those stinkin' coins. But then again, if I say anything else, who am I gonna bum a ride off of for meetings.......JUST KIDDING!!

PS. I want in on some sessioning with You and Bryan too, so keep me in the loop. JPV
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I just wanted to take a second and thank everyone who have posted on this thread, in the beginning and just recently now. Thank you all for the kind comments about my routine and also for the references to others. Feel free to keep the thread going with any new comments about the routine or any other routines that might be interesting for anyone to take a look at.

Thanks again,
Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Purse Frame Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL