The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Roy Kueppers coin boxes (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
I played around with Okito boxes back in the 80's and recently felt the urge to dive back in. However, my set of Johnson boxes was long lost. When looking for a new source I wasn't able to find brands that had gotten good reviews here in the past (Buddha, Zee). I liked the look of Roy's boxes- so I placed an order for an Okito, Boston, Slot, and solid plug gag in brass. While waiting for the shipment from Canada, I impatiently picked up an inexpensive Boston box from a local supplier. I was disappointed with the cheap box! It's light weight and lack of any rounded edges made key loading moves far from smooth. The difference when my set from Roy arrived was like day and night! I now have several routines under my belt and I have to say that the coin boxes from Mr. Kueppers are a joy to work with. And they are beautiful. If you are thinking about upgrading your current box or are on the fence regarding your first purchase, I highly recommend the boxes made by Roy Kueppers as they are extremely well made boxes: smooth, solid, and nicely hefty. Moves become a "snap". Very happy with my purchase, and I will do more business with Roy in the future.
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Roy made a complete set with 4 boxes and 2 lids for me as well. Not too expensive and great quality.
lemon ice
View Profile
New user
Memory Alpha on my PADD making
37 Posts

Profile of lemon ice
I don't know where you live, but approximately how long did it take you to receive your boxes from Roy? When I emailed him on the 9th of September for a status update on my order, he emailed me back the next day claiming that he was going to ship them out the very next Friday, the 15th of September. I have attempted to contact him several times since and I have heard nothing back. Not so much as a peep. It has now been two weeks since the date he claimed he was going to ship my boxes. I'm considering opening up a PayPal dispute very soon.
"Sometimes magic sounds like tape."
-The Amazing Johnathan
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
He might be at a convention. I’ve bought a ton of custom stuff from Roy with no problems.
lemon ice
View Profile
New user
Memory Alpha on my PADD making
37 Posts

Profile of lemon ice
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2017, Peckham wrote:
He might be at a convention. I've bought a ton of custom stuff from Roy with no problems.

Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure that would explain it, though. At this point, it's been *** near a month since I last heard from him. I know things like this can take time, and I know that he may have a lot of other orders to fill.

I don't know where my place in line is, or where I am on his priority list, and I'm a patient man, but I've literally heard nothing for over three weeks. And the last thing he told me was that everything was completed except for my slot box. Then he said he would ship the very next Friday. And since then, nothing. No shipment notification, no package, and no communication whatsoever. And I'm out over a hundred dollars. I just don't get it.
"Sometimes magic sounds like tape."
-The Amazing Johnathan
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2017, lemon ice wrote

I don't know where my place in line is, or where I am on his priority list, and I'm a patient man, but I've literally heard nothing for over three weeks. And the last thing he told me was that everything was completed except for my slot box. Then he said he would ship the very next Friday. And since then, nothing. No shipment notification, no package, and no communication whatsoever. And I'm out over a hundred dollars. I just don't get it.

I had this problem with Roy as well when I ordered a Canadian CSB set. It was going to be a couple weeks lead time but took six months and that included intervention when I had my local magic shop owner ask questions on my behalf.

Good products. Unreasonable delays.
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Roy Kueppers coin boxes (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL