The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Slate help (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cbmar
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of cbmar
I have a beautiful pair of antique spirit slates in need of a new flap. Any recommendations for where I can get the right size cardboard?
Michael's? Or has someone happened upon the perfect kind on Amazon so I can have it delivered to me?
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Use flat black matte board from any framing shop. The key is to use the kind the is has a black middle layer so you have solid black through the whole flap. Probably also available at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Find it in the custom framing department.

TEB3
cbmar
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of cbmar
Thanks. And those that come in a standardized thickness, or are there options there?

Quote:
On Mar 29, 2017, TEB3 wrote:
Use flat black matte board from any framing shop. The key is to use the kind the is has a black middle layer so you have solid black through the whole flap. Probably also available at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Find it in the custom framing department.

TEB3
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
They are made in a number of thicknesses. Think of paper and the pound weight designations. Now the thing is what a particular store stocks. Why don't you just Google "black core matte board" or something similar? You'll find your answer as to who manufacturers it and then who sell the particular kind you want.

TEB3
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I make aluminum flaps 1/64 inch thick that mimic chalked slate quite well. They should last as long as the slates. PM me if interested.
Marc
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
I agree , I have some slates from Marc and they are perfect.
gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of gostone23
I have two sets of Marc's Slates and can attest for his craftsmanship. Plus, Marc is a really interesting and nice guy to chat with at ECSS.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Thank you, gentlemen. Happy to hear the work is appreciated. And looking forward to Myrtle Beach this coming year.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Slate help (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL