The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isolation by Michael Murray (121 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
I really do not think that some of you people understand the amount of work that goes into producing a quality book, let alone the problems that have to be overcome when trying to make sure the system will work in a foreign language (this essentially requires recreating a completely new system for each language, rather than a direct translation from one language into another.)

On top of trying to accommodate peoples wishes for books/effects/principles to work in other languages Michael receives hundreds of emails a day which need to be answered (over the Blackpool convention weekend he received close to THREE THOUSAND emails).

Then there are the countless phone calls, the packaging and postage of items, items arriving from people asking and hoping if he will read their new book or endorse a new product.

There is the organising of the annual 'Minds' convention, definitely the best convention weekend for Mentalists in the UK, bringing in regular attendees who travel all the way from Australia just for this one event.

Michael is also a family man with two adorable children and a very patient and understanding wife, how he fits everything into a twenty four hour day beggars belief!!

I am proud to have Michael as a mentor, but more importantly, a very close friend with the biggest of hearts who will constantly go out of his way to help complete strangers (not always from this very fickle world of mentalists and magicians).

This world would benefit greatly if there were more Michael Murrays residing in it.

I do not often write posts like this, but I will not sit quietly in the wings and let my friend take flack from people who do not personally know him!!

Regards,

Ian (Rasp).
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Michael Murray is a very talented and gracious individual.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2019, overflow wrote:
I am waiting for the Italian from about one year or more

Why don’t you just read the book, understand the ideas, and simply work a bit to adapt them to your own language? I don’t recall asking Pete Turner to adapt Phantom Dictionary to Greek. Or Murray. Or whoever.

Dunno. I don’t want to sound bad but what happened to just sit down and find solutions..? Isn’t that part of the fun...?

Michael, after the Italian version start on the Serbo-Croatian one.

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2019, phedonbilek wrote:

Phedon

What is this, the 1990’s.

For a more up to date reference....

Michael if you need any help on the Montenegrin version let know, it is a bit amiss of you to not have in that language... I mean .... I have “7” and “0” are in the Montenegro language.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2019, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2019, phedonbilek wrote:

Phedon

What is this, the 1990’s.

So, according to you... The languages of former Yugoslavia changed...? I don’t get the ‘90s reference. Because all these guys speak... well, Serbo-Croatian. Only differences are some local accents and the alphabet used, since some use the Latin one (like the Croatians) and some use the Cyrillic one (like the Serbs).

Voilà. Just saying.

Phedon
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Sorry

I’m from there

Nobody calls it Serbo Croat in the region (seven countries now)

There are often big differences but yeah it’s basically the same language

But since the break up (hence my saying it was a dated reference) nobody calls what they speak Serbo Croat

It was nice for me, to ‘overnight’ go from speaking one language to be able to converse in seven.... I felt so cultured
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2019, The Duster wrote:
Sorry

I’m from there

Nobody calls it Serbo Croat in the region (seven countries now)

There are often big differences but yeah it’s basically the same language

But since the break up (hence my saying it was a dated reference) nobody calls what they speak Serbo Croat

It was nice for me, to ‘overnight’ go from speaking one language to be able to converse in seven.... I felt so cultured

I had guessed you’re a local. But so the ‘outside’ world still refers to the language as ‘Serbo-Croatian’. The locals don’t for obvious reasons, and everybody wants to have their name attached to it. In Montenegro they speak Montenegrin, in Serbia it’s Serbian, in Croatia it’s Croatian.. It’s like the same coffee is ‘Greek’ in Greece, and ‘Turkish’ in Turkey.

As I get it you’re from Montenegro. I drove to Kotor. Lovely.

Dovidenja!

Phedon
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2711 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks for that, guys. I learned some interesting new things about your region. Very interesting.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dafin77
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of dafin77
Is the Facebook group still closed to people who buy from a magic shop in the US? If so, what do you think is more valuable--the included props or access to the FB site? (I can order the ebook directly from Mind FX and get access to the site without props.)
David Finkelstein
dafin77@hotmail.com
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2020, dafin77 wrote:
Is the Facebook group still closed to people who buy from a magic shop in the US? If so, what do you think is more valuable--the included props or access to the FB site? (I can order the ebook directly from Mind FX and get access to the site without props.)

There were included props with the book? I would say absolutely the FB group. There are whole other systems for gaining the thought of card that Michael has refined and shared only on the group. Quite impressive how the book includes so many tools and yet Michael continues to iterate and share his progress often.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1968 Posts

Profile of celebrity
So, after five years if development I am almost ready to release the ‘Universal Version’ of Isolation. If anyone is going to Blackpool I will be on hand to demonstrate it at the MindFX stall.

I will be filming a brief explanation for those who purchased the original from me and will also be making this a physical book release too.

This hasn’t been designed as a total replacement for the original but instead can be used on its own, in conjunction with or mixed with the techniques from the original book.

Members of the Isolation Facebook group have already been privy to much of the development behind this.

Best Wishes to All!

Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isolation by Michael Murray (121 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL