The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Elementary Book Test (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
The Elementary Book Test by George Rumsey:

It uses 2 books,a Sherlock Holmes novel and a dictionary. Both can withstand stringent examination. The basic effect is that a word is remembered in the novel by participant 1, and the performer then tells participant 2 who has the dictionary to open it at page 362 for example.He/She is then instructed to look at the fourth entry in the first column and write the word he/she finds on a pad. The first participant is asked what word he/she is thinking of, and when the pad is turned around by participant 2, it matches the word written down!

The above is a very basic description. Depending on your persona, this can be a memory feat, it can be a test of Intuition, Synchronicity, or how about you say nothing at all and just perform it. Which ever option you choose, this book test WILL slay!
Don't just take my word for it. Our late friend, Bob Cassidy sent the following message to George upon receiving it;

The book test arrived! I played with it for a few days and it is excellent. I've never seen these particular methods combined this way and I like it a lot.

"There is no similarity to Al Mann's Lexicon Phenomena. Should you ever decide to release it commercially, I'd be happy to give it my highest recommendation. It is actually quite closer to the original book tests performed by mediums in the 19th Century than to anything else I've seen on the market today".

Richard Osterlind also received a copy and was equally as impressed.

George is only selling ten copies of his book test, mainly because he is finding it hard to source the dictionary.

He has only nine left, because Tony Razzano bought one yesterday. After seeing George perform it for him on Skype, he said the following;

"George's Elementary Book Test is very different from Larry Becker's Ultimate Flashback.And I believe it is better"!

I am not interested in hyping this. If the above quotes don't tell you how how this is, well then perhaps it is not for you.

Remember, if you buy, you will be one of the very few performing this. As of writing this post, there are only x9 copies left.

For more information, you can contact George on fallonsmagic@gmail.com
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Typo; "If the above quotes don't tell you how how this is" - should read, If the above quotes don't tell you how good this is
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
How much is this selling for?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Sounds pretty sweet..
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2017, bowers wrote:
Sounds pretty sweet..

sounds kinda odd... can I just reveal the word from the novel like normal?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Im sure you could like most book test.
But this sounds like a I already knew what you were
thinking effect.I still say sounds sweet.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Gerorge was kind enough to send me a copy of his book test last year,and I love it very good indeed and you do not need a bait box full of bait to go fishing Smileas innercirclewannabe has said I could not put it better into words then his discription.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2017, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2017, bowers wrote:
Sounds pretty sweet..

sounds kinda odd... can I just reveal the word from the novel like normal?

Yes if you want to, you do not have to use the dictionary ,but when using both then it has an even more amazing effect.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wow 177 views,a lot of skipping over and not even a qustion on how good this might be or even curious? amazing.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well just to add a little bit more to the mix,and seeing how my friend has finaly released this gem.My neighbours are having a Barbie and I had to go up to the shops,as I passed my friend Alan shouted out'Hey Shane do you fancy a beer,I declined as I am busy with our Barbie very soon,then he asked if I could do some magic for his friend's 2 couples,yeah I said.Long story short is I handed one of the ladies the Sherlock book to view,she passed it on for the other's to check it out, then I gave out the dictionary to one of the gentleman,BOOM ,page was picked and I did the rest,talk about blown away,they want me to perform all afternoon for them lol,had to say no as I will be quite merry later on Smilehow,how and how is the word stuck in their throat, best book test I have used by far.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
4 left
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
As some of you may know I'm a bit of a book test collector. George sent me this and I really love it. Not really sure what I can add to what Bob and Richard have said. This is definitely something that I will use.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
Sounds quite impressive, are there any performance links?
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Are any of these left?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
George knows. What did he say when you emailed him?
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2017, the Sponge wrote:
George knows. What did he say when you emailed him?

It is possible. Depends on certain factors.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Some very good news. I was speaking with George and he told me that he has found some more of that certain something to make this fabulous booktest work. He has five (5) to sell. His first batch was snapped up. It is only in the hands of a few. It comes with the highest recommendations from some of the biggest names in our art - Richard Osterlind being just one. I have performed it on stage and on radio. Every time it was met with gasps. I am not into hype so I will not go on and on. Suffice to say, if you want a very devious book test that you can perform close up or on stage, endorsed by some of the pros, then look no further than this. Price, availability, etc can be found by contacting George on email: fallonsmagic@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Elementary Book Test (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL