The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » SansMinds- Unlock (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, TTT wrote:
If the FBI can´t unlock the Iphone, I am sure that Sansminds can´t either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk......62e253cc

Hahahaha..
You nailed it man..
SansMinds
View Profile
New user
Canada
6 Posts

Profile of SansMinds
Research is one of the most important aspects of publishing. At SansMinds we work very hard to ensure that we find every reference that can be argued as even somewhat similar. Including having a dedicated research team, and often not publishing great ideas because we believe they are too similar to ones being used by other performers.

However, no amount of due diligence can protect anyone from parallel thinking and independent conception.

Regarding this specific issue, all of the same work was done to ensure that this effect was original in nature. Up to and including asking experts with direct knowledge of Michael Murray's creation (i.e. Peter Turner). And in all of our efforts, we were given the green light and decided to proceed.

There is no doubt that the ideas are very similar, but the fact remains that not only are these different effects, but they are different products altogether. Even by Murray's own admission we can confirm that.

That being said, Sansminds proceeded in the best possible manner in dealing with this grievance and having removed the product from our store, will no longer be putting effort into this issue.
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
I know nothing about this effect, but was just reading the thread and shook my head at this comment:

"That's what magic is all about - you presenting the impossible and them trying to work out how it was possible." PRINCE

Really, is that what magic is all about?
I do magic for a living and could not disagree more...
I don't present puzzles, I create mini miracles and memories.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox and let's back to the discussion on this cool looking effect... thanks.

Respectfully,

-shawn

Yes Shawn, that is what it's about from a spectators perspective. Let's not get into the whole "but it's about them being entertained, that's the important thing" etc. Yes that is true, but also very true that your audience will try and work out what they just seen.

I too do magic for a living and too create mini miracles and memories. But think like a spectator for a second, and apart from seeing a mini miracle which is 'impossible' they will then try to work it out. That's how they think - always have and always will.

Common Prince, So whats the different between you as a magician and lay audience.
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2017, Morgan Strebler wrote:
This basically boils down to me not researching the effect further after showing Peter Turner in 2014. I came up with this effect when I contributed to his "When in Rome" book. He said he'd never seen it before. That being said I'm sure he see's tons of stuff on a regular basis, and can't remember everything.

As for SansMinds being to blame as a company, I don't understand that. I don't think any company should be to blamed for creator error. Even though I, Indépendantly conceived the same effect as Michael, it's not SansMinds fault for releasing the product. It's my fault for not doing enough research on the effect. I should have done more looking around on my part.

Best Wishes,

Morgan

Straight and true words Morgan.
Ya it happened many a times. But its kind if the Creator understand.
You rock man. I love your deceptive ideas.

Keep going Morgan

Best..
Magic.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2017, Magic Life wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
I know nothing about this effect, but was just reading the thread and shook my head at this comment:

"That's what magic is all about - you presenting the impossible and them trying to work out how it was possible." PRINCE

Really, is that what magic is all about?
I do magic for a living and could not disagree more...
I don't present puzzles, I create mini miracles and memories.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox and let's back to the discussion on this cool looking effect... thanks.

Respectfully,

-shawn

Yes Shawn, that is what it's about from a spectators perspective. Let's not get into the whole "but it's about them being entertained, that's the important thing" etc. Yes that is true, but also very true that your audience will try and work out what they just seen.

I too do magic for a living and too create mini miracles and memories. But think like a spectator for a second, and apart from seeing a mini miracle which is 'impossible' they will then try to work it out. That's how they think - always have and always will.

Common Prince, So whats the different between you as a magician and lay audience.

What??? I don't understand your question or what your trying to imply based on the above?
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1968 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Let me be VERY clear here -

NEVER once did I ask for Morgans product to be removed (read my post above as I did see value in some thoughts on the project).

NEVER once did I blame SansMinds for the fact that they released ideas that I had already put into print (I did suggest Morgan could have done a little more research after all in the work that inspired these thoughts me and Morgan were the only names credited (which he graciously accepts and was forgiven for)).

TWO of the four ideas are virtually IDENTICAL but as mentioned I DID NOT ask for the product to be removed and was happy that this was independent thinking and still said that I had no ill feeling towards Morgan.

My ONLY initial grievance was with SansMinds LACK OF RESPONSE. Amazingly enough they were quick to get in touch after I first posted on here. A simple credit listed on the product page would have made me happy (as penguin did with Code Breaker) BUT despite promises of this and other things to make amends no such credit was listed on their site and they seemed only interested in me giving them the rest of my products to sell in a bundle deal which I was not happy to do.

My original post was very clear as is this one, I praised the additional thoughts and made clear the differences for those that own my work. Those that know me personally know that I am very easy going and very rarely get annoyed by anything but SansMinds have severely rubbed me up the wrong way (the specifics are between me and them and not for public posting).

SansMinds should add Morgans product back up, add a credit to me on the product page and above all should learn the art of communication and the meaning of the word respect. I will post no more on this as my opinion has been voiced in a clear way already.

Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
I keep reading how magic companies carry out detailed due diligence and research but never any actually detail as to the process and length of time taken .

So I typed into google search 4 key words "trick , iPhone , magic unlock " No mention of Michael to gain an advantage in the search . RESULT .. 4th link is Code breaker by
Michael Murray and Greg Wilson . This took less than a minute .

So Sans Mind can you please explain exactly how do you check the originality of effrcts because clearly your current system has some weaknesses . I repeat ! One minute and I was already on track to learn Michael Murray has work in this area

Andrew
Charming Cheat
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Charming Cheat
I bought unlock and its a nice effect.
Not that youtuber.
Charming Cheat
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

2 people can come up with a similar idea and there is no harm in it. If sansmind does not give credits...its ok.
Not that youtuber.
Charming Cheat
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

I don't get why they have discontinued the product.
Not that youtuber.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 8, 2017, Charming Cheat wrote:
I don't get why they have discontinued the product.

Lol.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1968 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Quote:
On May 8, 2017, Charming Cheat wrote:
2 people can come up with a similar idea and there is no harm in it. If sansmind does not give credits...its ok.

Charming Cheat, as someone who has high ethical values I could not disagree more ( I will forgive you as you are new and perhaps do not undertand the implications of what you suggest). From an ethical stand point since my work was released two years prior to this a credit should have been given. The two ideas are not just similar, they are almost identical. In the book that inspired this piece there are only two credits listed (me and Morgan) and so I don't think it was too much to ask for Morgan or SansMinds "dedictated research team" to have picked this up.

A credit was infact promised to me via Sansminds who have subsequently failed to add one. I am not saying that this is the case here but a word avoid of any credit history and research is one that is wide open to intellectual theft and as a creator I would simply have no interest in releasing my work if others were to take full credit for my thinking.

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Michael,

I am even more impressed with you now than I was before. You are such a gent about things - so professional and kind.
I can not believe that people think that this is OK. If they promised a credit on the product page then .... add a note on the product page. It's not rocket science. Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1968 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Many thanks for the kind words Dave, it would appear that "SansMinds" literaly is a company ran by people "Without Minds".

Over eight weeks to add a single line of text surely isn't that much to ask for.

Sadly Morgans defense of SansMinds without even attempting to read my posts has cost my respect for him as a person too. He sided with someone who pays him money over a friendship but that was his choice to make. I only wish he knew half of what I do but I am not vindictive enough to rock the boat for others that are on the "SandsMinds Team". They will discover the error of their ways before long.

Fortunatly by continuing to show a lack of respect to both creators and customers alike SandsMinds will be the instigators of their own demise!

Best Wishes Michael

Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
So I take it unlock is not for sale any longer?

Decomposing sales
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Unlock is still on Murphy's website and they have a lot of them in stock.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
There's a reason why there are so many in stock.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » SansMinds- Unlock (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL