The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ahead of the pack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
I bought this book despite the fact that I don´t particularly like cards, and the book is largely about cards. It has however also other effects, for example "Square Bashing", which was the first effect I read about in the book. I can now use for example someones age and immediately make a magic square based on that. Surprisingly easy. I haven´t finished the book yet, but I think I can say that it seems to be unusually easy to understand and follow the instructions.

Recommended

Mikael
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Agreed, Mikael, and the card effects are pretty easily learned as well. If you're a major finger flicker, you may say that the effort from Jones and Avis is too simple. For me, however, it's a good book...an easy read and a source of plenty of good material.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
knave
View Profile
New user
UK Newcastle
72 Posts

Profile of knave
I agree, this is a great book. There are some super tips and techniques, as well as full blown effects. The author's have a great way of looking at the subject matter, with a very sneaky approach. I also agree that it may not be for the expert card man from a technical point of view, but the quality of the material is stil grade A.

Regards
Dave
dan84
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of dan84
Very underated book some qualtity material from one of the best
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
An excellent handling of OOTW in there - one of the subtlest methods I've seen for handling the packet switch.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
The method for OOTW seems the very same as 'Galaxy' [AOA 3] to me!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
Blimey! I've just gone through both and your right! I've got too many books. I thought that final spread handling was only in Ahead of the pack. Man that's made me look at Galaxy again - a great handling.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi folks,

I would appreciate if you guys can please kindly express your honest opinions about this book???

I decided to get this book but I almost get 50% positive and 50% negative about this book.

I am still in doubt whether I should or should not purchasing this book??? Smile

Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I would say No!.I don't want to put any of the material down but for me the best
thing in this book did not use cards.It is a mindreading anagram type thing.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ahead of the pack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL