The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Shifting by Matt Mello (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I was wondering if anyone had purchased this and what are your thoughts on it.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
I did and I like it a lot!

It's a propless technique that opens a lot of possibilities and could be used both as a force and as a "peek" of an item from a list.

The list can be (but is not limited to) numbers, letters, months, colors, etc...

It won't work everytime and you'll have to be able to pick the right person, but honestly I feel it will work 99% of time (I have tried it a few times and it hasn't failed yet).
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
Thanks for your feedback.

Can it be used for only one list or two different lists with a spectator.

As it would be good if I could get two pieces of information.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
I think you could do it twice in a row without giving it away... but I wouldn't try it Smile
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
Thanks for the info. Its always hard to know what to buy when it comes to propless.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
436 Posts

Profile of daver
Thanks! I was wondering about this one and was going to hit "buy" just not and checked again for any review, and glad to see this.

Looking forward to trying this out. Fits well with the work I'm doing...

Dave

Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, Adrien L. wrote:
I did and I like it a lot!

It's a propless technique that opens a lot of possibilities and could be used both as a force and as a "peek" of an item from a list.

The list can be (but is not limited to) numbers, letters, months, colors, etc...

It won't work everytime and you'll have to be able to pick the right person, but honestly I feel it will work 99% of time (I have tried it a few times and it hasn't failed yet).
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

This morning I went on a purchase spree, and bought some stuff from Penguin, like the Banachek lecture, and other stuff, and also bought the new Peter Turner ebook and this ebook from e-mentalism.

If e-mentalism keeps this up, I am going to go bankrupt, lots of good things in magic and mentalism nowadays, like Luke Jermay's Marksman's Deck as well.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, Shifting by Matt Mello.

I had not seen something like this before, as far as layering, since Matt does a good job at layering the routine together, though the basic core idea, after reading it, reminded me of a release from Myke Phillips in Manus, and also Peter Turner in Not Another Ed Marlo Snap Change, even Fraser Parker's name came up in my mind.

This is impromptu and you can perform this pretty much anywhere, and everywhere. I wouldnt recommend it via the phone, but Skype may work, but in person is always best.

With this system, if you can call it that, you are able to deduce numbers, which is the basic routine, from 0-9. You are also able to vary it by divining Letters, Colors, Months, and much more.

I have an idea on how I will use this on divining star signs with this. This idea is brilliant and should not be overlooked. The price I believe was $14.00 which is pretty reasonable for what you get, since this is a tool that you may want to have in your arsenal.

As always, Matt delivers, and the stuff I have read from him in the past, never disappoints, and is always easy and clever.

I recommend this wholeheartedly.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Shifting by Matt Mello (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL