The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Visionary 3 by Thought Illusions (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
I bought this last week and I am very excited to use it. I haven’t heard anything from Steve after my order though - hopefully everything‘s fine.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I don’t know what came first but this always reminds me of John Morton’s the baby book. Which remarkable apparently fooled Penn and Teller recently but although I have it and had to take it out of my working set as it truly wasn’t getting the reactions I hoped for. I am sure this is a leap up though but forgetting the order they are read out in people must surely think there is some kind of word association going on which to me seems the only logical and unfortunately the correct answer. I think a peek of any word they freely choose and write down is far stronger imho than this Gaz 😊
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
I remember seeing on the website for this effect that it is a method that 'fooled' Penn and Teller, not sure if it is the same method you saw with the baby book.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
The Baby Book is based on the Visionary principle, with Steve's permission.

Barry
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
I am a bit wondering that I haven’t heard anything since last week from Steve. There are no news whether it has shipped or not, hm.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I am not sure I get this. It seems so obvious. You have them read off the symbols on the back of the cards. Seems the participants have different items on the back of their cards. Wouldn't the audience just figure you deduce their card by what they read off of the back of the cards? The other effects on the videos could be done with marked cards. I am not seeing the mystery here, maybe someone could clarify this better?
santlerconjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of santlerconjurer
If the principle is the same as the two alternatives I’ve used, the spectator can say from only one to totally all of the symbols on the card. He can even, for example, read off three symbols NONE of which are the selected one and you’re able to declare the selected item was not one of the three! Alternately, no matter how many symbols are read, when one is the secretly selected object you can always identify it.

The object, by the way, isn’t “selected” in the normal sense of the word. It is assigned to the volunteer by a large illustration that insures against a mischief-making volunteer deciding to “change his mind.”
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Visionary 3 by Thought Illusions (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL