The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Alternatives to the Elmsley Count? (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Without going into detail, I am disabled, and lately I have been having more and more trouble with my hands when it comes to card sleights(not that I was ever that great to begin with).

But, one thing I'd really like to find, is if there are any alternatives to the Elmsley Count.
I mean, I have no doubt that there are at least a FEW clever ideas out there, but on my budget I can't really afford to search anywhere else at the moment. hahaha
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1945 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Do you have a specific effect in mind?

There exist various handling of the EC and in some scenari possible substitutes, but I doubt you could find a specific substitute that will work in every situation.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
This is a count you may like . it is my Rollover count https://youtu.be/xmkwq1OXs5w

i use this in place of a Elmsley ...... an and it excellent when working on a table

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On May 2, 2017, vinsmagic wrote:
This is a count you may like . it is my Rollover count https://youtu.be/xmkwq1OXs5w

i use this in place of a Elmsley ...... an and it excellent when working on a table

vinny

I had to watch this a couple times just appreciating the beauty of it. Vinny, you are the man. I always enjoy your videos and your work.
Just by watching your explanation, I think I could get a better feel of that work over the workings of the Elmsley Count. Thank you so much for sharing!
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On May 2, 2017, Claudio wrote:
Do you have a specific effect in mind?

There exist various handling of the EC and in some scenari possible substitutes, but I doubt you could find a specific substitute that will work in every situation.

Well, the effect that originally got me wondering about this was the Wild Card packet trick.

I just posted about it the other day, because I had the cards but no printout with them. Once I realized what they were for, I realized my hands are having trouble with the E.C. due to my medical situation. I'm just hoping to find something that calls for less, dexterity wise. (I know the E.C isn't exactly advanced, but I'm fumbling it lately).
Ben Daggers
View Profile
Loyal user
Osaka
238 Posts

Profile of Ben Daggers
Whilst not exactly natural-looking, the Kiss Count from Boris Wild is an alternative to the Elmsley which can work well in certain situations
Watson
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
68 Posts

Profile of Watson
Mr. Marini, I will practice and use the Rollover count. Thank you very much for sharing.
The Celtic Conjurer - Insperata Floruit!
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
Vinny, thank you for sharing your roll-over count. Very well done.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Wow Vinny, that’s beautiful! I will be practicing and using that.

Thank you for sharing this great move. And many thanks for your incredible generosity over the years.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I like the Rollover Count, too. It's fun to practice.
Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
Vinny thanks very much for the rollover count!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On May 2, 2017, arthur stead wrote:
Wow Vinny, that’s beautiful! I will be practicing and using that.

Thank you for sharing this great move. And many thanks for your incredible generosity over the years.

I whole heartily agree Vinny. Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
The Vesser Concept will give you the same results as an E.C.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Rollover Count is excellent! Thanks, Vinny!
ChrisPayne
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
241 Posts

Profile of ChrisPayne
That's wonderful Vinny
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Very nice, Vinny! In addition to being used as a complete substitute for the EC, as Race is looking to do, it can also be used as a change-of-pace in any existing routine that has a lot of EC counts. And since the hidden card remains in the same position, it can be used as a fill-in for any "underground Elmsley" count where the last card is put back on the bottom.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Thank you guys for all the positive feed back
just a note this can also be done using five cards to show four cards
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
I haven't had a chance to sit down and practice the work yet as I've been very sick. But Vinny, I've been watching some of your other videos, and you're just great. You've helped me with a few other things over the years, but I could watch your videos all day. You're very talented but there's also a great energy behind your effects.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Beautiful work my good friend!! I perform Richard Vollmer's Poor Man's Monte from Apocalypse and it uses a lot of Elmsleys and your count seems like it would be more appropriate to a monte routine.
Thank you again for sharing your work!!!!
jljones83
View Profile
New user
LA, CA
90 Posts

Profile of jljones83
Wow! Vinny, the rollover count is awesome! It's great that it cycles back into elmsley position. I do a 'marked cards' routine using a modified hammond count with an elmsley, but this is so much better! Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Alternatives to the Elmsley Count? (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL