The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Social media for b2b entertainers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
You right we need to stay on topic. Sorry again

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 14, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:
Maybe my problem is I can’t see any magician/entertainers here being viewed by a huge company as being anything other than an ‘individual’ that is doing business. Nothing wrong with that but if that is the case all this b2b talk is not as important as it is being made out to be. It’s mixing apples and oranges.

But anyway, sorry for the distraction, y’all can go back to dealing with the big wheels.

Tom

Just once it would be nice to see you follow through with saying something like this.

Tomyou don't work ANY markets consumer or professional. And strangely enough you post more than anyone.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 14, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:
Perhaps using the term ‘Commercial' instead of "Professional' market would be less offensive to us little low level consumer people.

Tom

OK so you show how clueless you actually are here Tom.

A PROFESSIONAL MAGICIAN selling to a mommy for a birthday party is working in a CONSUMER market.

A PROFESSIONAL MAGICIAN selling to a corporation for trade show work is working in a PROFESSIONAL market. It is not about low level, it is not about being offensive it is simply about WHO IS BUYING. One professional business selling to another professional business as opposed to one professional selling to a consumer.

Nobody cares if you are offended by the terms. I am offended by Astro Turf, the designated hitter and boy bands. I am offended that you can't manage to stop posting about things that you have NO IDEA about. Yes Tom THAT is offensive. I am offended by the amount of truly bad advice you give to people that will cost them money. Don't be offended by the terms, just stop talking and educate yourself some.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Danny how can it be offensive to me if I don’t work any of the markets? Smile

Seriously, it is not offensive to me at all but the way it is being used here is very offensive to others and that is a fact. It’s used 47 times in one post by mindpro. It’s become an ‘excuse’ for not understanding and a reason for ‘why I am right and you or wrong.’
That’s exactly the reason folks don’t post here anymore. They go to facebook where they can get some respect.

Anyway, you need to hush and stay on topic here. YOU are the distraction.

Tom
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Tom you couldn't be more incorrect. It is YOU that have given the consumer-market performer the negative, demeaning and insufficient tone you are still perpetuating. I made a post about exactly this last night BEFORE you started with this once again.

I think you need to offer an apology for your own lack of understanding, misinterpretation and the self-imposed tone you present to on this all to all of the consumer market performers here.

It has never been intended that way at all and is not that way within the industry. You simply interpreted this way on your own. You have continued to make several inferences and digs to this affect which is blatantly wrong and incorrect ("...would be less offensive to us little low level consumer people.")

As I stated in my other post on this, all performers start at a consumer market level and it completely normal and quite acceptable. I work with far more consumer level performers than any other and I know they would find your own misinterpretation quite offensive.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On May 15, 2017, Mindpro wrote:

As I stated in my other post on this, all performers start at a consumer market level and it completely normal and quite acceptable.

“all performers START at a consumer market level” Does that imply that the consumer market is for BEGINNERS. Sounds like it.

“normal and quite acceptable” Acceptable by who?

See how easy it can be for others to read it wrong.

Tom
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On May 15, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:

“all performers START at a consumer market level” Does that imply that the consumer market is for BEGINNERS. Sounds like it.

“normal and quite acceptable” Acceptable by who?

See how easy it can be for others to read it wrong.

Tom

No, only you have this unique ability to read it wrong.

NO it doesn't imply the consumer market is for beginners, it only states beginners start in the consumer market. Two completely different things. As I said in the other post many longtime full-time professionals choose to stay in the consumer markets.

It is clearly stating a fact. Acceptable by performers and the industry Tom!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 15, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:
Danny how can it be offensive to me if I don’t work any of the markets? Smile

Seriously, it is not offensive to me at all but the way it is being used here is very offensive to others and that is a fact. It’s used 47 times in one post by mindpro. It’s become an ‘excuse’ for not understanding and a reason for ‘why I am right and you or wrong.’
That’s exactly the reason folks don’t post here anymore. They go to facebook where they can get some respect.

Anyway, you need to hush and stay on topic here. YOU are the distraction.

Tom

You offer yet another in your seemingly endless list of reasons why folks don't post here. Too bad Tom. You are the only distraction here with your ignorance abs everyone here by you knows it.

YOU do this on almost every thread! So stop please. You are not now nor have ever been a professional performer on any level, consumer or professional markets. Nobody is going to change industry terms because your poor wittle feelings got hurt.

This is not what you do. This is something you simply do not understand. So please do not keep distracting others from learning. You are directly the reason many have problems here.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And by the way isn't Copperfield in the consumer market?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On May 15, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
You are not now nor have ever been a professional performer on any level, consumer or professional markets.

It's LIES like this Danny that causes me to question you. I have no idea where you get this from
so please STOP YOUR CONSTANT LIES. You are making stuff up Danny and I can back it up with fact.
You know nothing about me. For every picture you and Mindpro will post performing I will post two.
Deal? If not please shut up about me.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Post some from last year Tom. And forget pictures, lets do video and let's do recent reviews. Deal? Recent (Say the past 6 months.) video of paid performance. Until then please stop.

You are the loudest on every thread. Just stop. Please. Stop. You just never quit. In this thread specifically you have shown your lack of knowledge. That is a FACT.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
What happened to the ‘nor have ever been’ LOL

But you got me Danny, I don’t have any for the past six months, but you knew that.

You win, so maybe I won’t have to respond to any of your posts anymore. That’s’ about
the only time I post anyway. But you gonna be awful lonely here without me Danny.

Tom
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
In regards to the initial question here regarding using social media to attract clients, I am a HUGE advocate for generating leads and implementing customer acquisition platforms for businesses including those in the entertainment industry.

In fact, a new tool was recently released (last 12 months) that, IMO, will change the way your inbound leads will communicate. And marketers are predicting that this will become the standard in the next couple years as Facebook ad space will begin being saturated. It's called a Chatbot.

In essence, it is equivalent to using an automated sequence with email but the difference is, that instead of waiting a day to read the autoresponder and waiting another day to hear back from the prospect, the tool installs within Facebook Messenger and provides instant communication but allows you to stay in control since all the sequences have been pre-built Smile

I have made a small video introducing the platform to magicians and you can watch it here: https://youtu.be/ddXzkWVeU1Q
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Social media for b2b entertainers (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL