The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Needing slate idea.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I'm telling you guys...the more I think about the "hangman" idea, the more I like it. I'm considering another angle as to who the killer was, but my explanation for her having "hangman" on the slates is that she'd use the slates to occupy her mind while in prison. At first she tried to contact the fiance, but to no avail. Then she just used them to keep herself busy, finally using them to play games with another inmate. She had just drawn out the gallows and the 9 spots for the word when they came for her. I, of course, have the slates in the very condition that she had left them.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I like this hangman idea so much I think you should turn the whole story into some sort of murder mystery. Something about a killing that the lovers had been around and everyone thought it was her lover. Now you draw the hangmans gallows and rope on one slate and draw some lines on the other slate.. You start saying that slowly the letters appeared naming the killer H-A... you draw each letter on one of the lines and you've said that her boyfriends name is Harry so now eveyone knows... you seal the slates. The key turns... the candle extinguishs... you open up the slates and the first is turned around and shows this HARAS... you realize it is SARAH upside down you turn it straight... we now know who did it... you turn the other slate around and there is a person hanging from the gallows... and she's wearing a wedding dress!
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Greg, that was very, very cool.

REDRUM, REDRUM anyone?

I have to admit I've been thinking a bit about the hangman premise, too, since my initial post. It felt right, but I've been doing comedy presentations for so long, sometimes I can't tell if something's inherently dramatic, or funny.

Thanks guys, for proving this one has legs.

I like the "sympathy" aspect of the drawing, which is known to develop as the word is disclosed. Greg really nailed this with the wedding-dress double twist. Bravo!

UPDATE: April 28, 2004

Sorry to bring this thread back up, it having almost "crossed over" into obscurity, and all. However, two things hit me as potential ideal messages for slates. These are probably better for comedy:

First, a chalk outline, as in a crime scene. I think this has been done before.

Second, I like the idea of opening the slates to reveal football play diagrams. You know, the drawings with the X's and O's and arrows and circles drawn all over them. Perhaps to accompany a prediction of who will win a big game?
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Great ideas, Curtis...Vince Lombardi speaks from beyond! LOL

Someone had a great idea on another topic in which they would rub chalk over the whole surface of the slate, then when the revelation is made, it looks like the spirit used its finger to do the writing...intriguing..

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
You might use a variation of "Spelling Bee" to let the audience identify the killer, and have the name match the name in the Hangman game. The Spelling Bee cards could have clues to the identity of the killer printed on one side, and letters on the other.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Needing slate idea.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL