The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Books on Memorised Decks. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kenllh
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kenllh
Hi,

In Simon Aronson books, BOUND TO PLEASE, ARONSON APPROACH, SIMPLY SIMON, and TRY THE IMPOSSIBLE, does anyone know which one has information on the Simon Aronson stack, which teaches you how to memorised his stack?

Which one of his books is a good buy?
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Kenllh asked:

"Which book has imfomation on the simon aronson stack which teaches you how to memorised his stack?"

The answer is BOUND TO PLEASE

I also suggest you go on the Simon Aronson website, and download (it is free) the file "Memories are Made of This", as it is a very good introduction to his stack.

"Which one of his books is a good buy?"

Answer: SIMPLY SIMON, and TRY THE IMMPOSSIBLE.

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Any more opinions? I'm also having a tough time deciding.
~joeKing
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Deciding on what? To learn the stack, as Ronnie said, get Bound To Please.

For effects using the stack there is Bound to Please and the rest of them. Out of the rest of them Try the Impossible and Simply Simon are pretty good. Actually all are good. But if you don't work often you won't be using the gold in these books. His stack while not impossible to memorize, is pretty easy to forget if you don't use it many nights a week. And most of the effects destroy the stack too, so unless you are great at jazzing, the books probably won't be of use to you.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Well, Simon doesn't have any other books besides those and Sessions which is out of print. But, you can apply most of other material with stacks to the Aronson stack such as stuff by Juan Tamariz, Joyal, Osterlind, etc. Just look around, there's some great memorized/stacked stuff out there.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Joseph Martin
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Joseph Martin
Hi,

I recommend you "Sinfonía en Mnemónica Mayor" by Juan Tamariz.

Best regards.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
What makes one memorized deck better from the other?

In my own mind, I would think the one that is easiest to memorize, and from what I can tell, Martin Joyal's Six-Hour Memorized Deck fits that. What makes Bound To Please better or worse?
~joeKing
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
There are actually quite a few alternative approaches to memorizing decks. The rule-based approach (of which Joyal's stack is an example) is one of them, but not necessarily the fastest. This topic is covered in some detail in my essay on Full-Deck Stacks. Most important is an understanding of the trade-offs among the various solutions. There is no overall "best" way, simply the best for particular people/applications.

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
nakulshenoy
View Profile
New user
Bangalore, India
91 Posts

Profile of nakulshenoy
As suggested earlier (in another post) check out Osterlind's Breakthrough Card System. It is available both as in hardcopy format and as an eBook.

But you may like to pick up his DVD which brings to you much more than the books.
Nakul Shenoy
The Mind Reader
www.nakulshenoy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Books on Memorised Decks. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL