The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Man Who Knows How To Amuse and Mystify (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Hello!

I am happy to introduce my eBook The Man Who Knows How To Amuse and Mystify.

I will simply leave the ad copy here.
Please let me know your questions

"It is amazing cover to cover. Brilliant ideas and clear explanation of execution. I expect to add several to my formal and informal performances. Jose is a mentalists dream producer." -Marc Salem

“I’ve been reading Jose’s ideas for years and have always been impressed with his thinking. This is a fantastic collection of clever routines, devious methods and strong presentations. Make sure you read the chapter on reveals as it will make ALL your mentalism more impactful. Overall a great book by a clever thinker.” -Marc Paul

"Having not only read, but contributed to José's masterpiece "TMWKHTAAM", I can attest to the strength and practicality of the routines and concepts explored in this tome.

Between these leaves; You will find a vast plethora of ideas that will easily and effectively slot right into your act, without creating chaos... except for in the minds and the reactions of your audiences.

This is a worthy investment for any mind reader; it sits on my digital shelf next to the classics and I've no doubt it'll find a place of similar regard on yours."
-Dee Christopher

Jose Prager’s The Man Who Knows: How to Amuse and Mystify, is chock full of practical ideas that every working mentalist can slot right into their current performing repertoire. The ebook covers nearly fifty different routines as well as deep insight into not only how the effects and methods work, but why they work.

Jose takes a hard and practical look at mentalism and creates organic and natural pieces that answer the question most often posed by audiences: “Can you read my mind?”.

Jose also shares new twists and approaches on book tests, billet readings, “which hand” effects, coin tosses, truth/lie routines, working with ESP symbols, multiple outs, and forces, just to name a few.

You will learn new secret methods and concepts, for creating your own impression devices, ideas on using billets, peek wallets, reveals and forcing selections, often using no props whatsoever.

These are powerful tools that should be in every mentalist’s arsenal.

TMHKHTAAM is full of practical, real world advice which will take your mind reading to the next level. The next time someone says “can you read my mind?” you will not only be able to answer “yes,” but to prove it.

Contents:

Effects
The Child Who Knew Too Much
The Mind Reader's Handshake
The Mystic Paper
Perfected Book Test
The Devil Knows
Truly False Prophet
Fingers!
Zenner and Rhine
Subconscious Thought Transmission
Third Eye Mystery
Name and Sign
Drinks Prophecy
No Pain
Connections
Thought Collector
Long Distance Telepathy
Two Very Secret Digits
The Book of Passwords
Falling Coins by Dee Christopher

Methods
A Word of Caution

Billets
Duplica: Half Billet Peek
Blank Reading: Half Billet Peek
Opaque: Full Billet Peek
The Black Billet
Acidus Drawing

Impression Devices
The Scanner: Impression Device
The Best Pre-show You Will Ever Find
$1,000 Mind Reading Case
Amazing Psychic Sharpie Twins

Forcing Thoughts
Invisible Dice Force
Half Life Equation Force
Justifying The Existence of Lists
The Black Notebook
Hands Off Variation

Propless mind reading
Guessing Colors
Guessing ESP symbols
Guessing Names: Celebrity-Deathmatch
Guessing Star Signs: Monkeying Around By Peter Turner

Reveals
Revealing Meaningful Information
Pseudo-Real Time Reveal
Subconscious Reveal
A Divination Of Nothing

Some Thoughts on Peek Wallets
Isolated
Covered

Concepts
Challenged
Airplane Menu
PA for PS
Shapes
Kolosall 37
The No Justification
The Broken Glass
Delayed
Thought Stealer
An Unwritten Thought
Into The Rabbit’s Hole
A Whispered Card

Instant Download.

Each copy is secretly marked to prevent piracy.

230 pages of pure mentalism.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
fisanick1
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of fisanick1
You can take a look at my full review on lybrary.com, but suffice it to say here, this is the best mentalism book of the year so far. I'm appropriating most of Jose's material for my personal repertoire. The ebook really is a masterpiece.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
I really appreciate your kind words.

Can't wait to read your full review at lybrary.com
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Https://e-mentalism.com/collections/newp......-mystify

I have read the 'Name and Sign' routine from the book, and if that is anything to go by, then the rest of the book is well worth the price and will be bl***y amazing!
Name and sign - walk up to anyone and reveal their name and star sign to them, where they write nothing down. It is brilliant and made me smile and also kick myself. How was it not thought of! It is simple and elegant and practical.
My DOH technique added to this makes the routine more deceptive. I've sent this over to José, who is looking over it.
This book really does look great - I look forward to it. Based just off of Name and Sign I would reccoemnd it to anyone!

Mitchell Kettlewell
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
The book is very good. I also love the name and sign routine. Weak on crediting but a very enjoyable book.
Lakewood, Ohio
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I will be posting my thoughts about this later in the week but, from quickly dipping in, this is an amazing work. Not only does it contain some of Jose's classic releases - including The Scanner, a fantastic impression device as well as other commercial releases - but there is a huge amount of other material covering all aspects of mentalism, including forces, propless, wallets etc as well as numerous effects.

From what I have read so far, what I particularly like are the concepts which can be easily built upon and tweaked to suit your own style and audience. I was especially inspired by 'The Black Notebook,' but this massive work certainly contains some gems.

I will write further after I have read and digested more but so far I have been very impressed by the sheer variety and content.

Neil
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Can anyone describe some of the effects in the book? Thanks

Sleepy
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:
Can anyone describe some of the effects in the book? Thanks

Sleepy

Jose teaches a great impression device that is examinable.
He teaches a routine to walk up and reveal anyone's name and star sign within minutes.
He includes countless tips for mentalism performance.
A which hand game is taught that is ungimmicked and uses no logic puzzle.
A few different propless mentalism pieces
A few concepts and methods for use within mentalism.
The book is jam packed full of stuff. Some you may use, others you may not. I found a few things in there for me, as well as some good tips. The impression device is brilliant!
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
There's some really nice stuff in there!
The book is divided in themes like effects, billets, imp devices, forcing, propless, reveals, thoughts on peek wallets and concepts.
My favourites after reading thus far:
Celebrity Death-Match (this is something I have used several times in informal situations since it was published earlier in Peter Turner's PDF series)
The Child Who Knew Too Much seems nice to me.
Drinks Prophecy fits my style.
the Broken Glass.

The billet section is nice, imp section too but I had that covered already by my German friends Smile
Only thing I would like to see is some detailed crediting at the end of the effect description.
Lot's of material.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
I received this review from Christian Fisanick at lybrary.com
I feel so grateful; I worked passionately this project.

A quick look of the contents will reveal a plethora (as Dee Christopher says) of routines, forces, subtleties, peeks, imp pads, anagrams, theoretical concepts... I started reading, and just about every time I went to the next page I thought, "Wow! That's terrific. I'm adding it to my repertoire." When I got to the end, I discovered that I had a whole lot of things to add to my repertoire--and I wanted to go through the book again. This collection is clearly a labor of love from years of doing practical mentalism. And unlike a lot of propless "maybe it'll work; maybe it won't" stuff, this material is straightforward and direct. For example, Jose takes a classic psychological force and makes it virtually miss-proof using a principle that you will probably be familiar with but hadn't thought of using in this context. Later in the book he details how to reveal things effectively. Now I am a big fan of the way Luke Jermay thinks about this topic from his DVD Making Mind Reading Look Real so I wasn't expecting much new. I was wrong. The revelation stuff is great. And you get bonus effects from Dee Christopher (one of my close-up favorites of his, Falling Coins) and Peter Turner. You will spend a lot of time studying this ebook. Guaranteed.

Don't be put off by the price tag. Prager's Magnum Opus is worth every penny. Highest recommendation here for the best mentalism book of the year so far.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have been dipping into this all week and it is proving a fantastic read and, given that it also includes items that have been released separately, is excellent value.

One particular joy has been an idea that has been gnawing away at me for some time but not sure how best to accomplish. However, on reading an idea in the book, I now have my answer. This is not only a book of effects but also some very useful and practical resources.

Highly recommended.

Neil
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
I finally got it! This is great. José teaches how to make an impression pad for just a few dollars, using easily found resources. The book is full of tips to improve your mentalism, as well as some incredible effects. My favourite has to be Name and Sign because of its pure simplicity. This ebook has previous works from José contained within, but even if you have much of his prior works there is still something in here for you. Lots of new, never discussed before things.
Highly recommended for any mentalist or magician!
Mitchell
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
-
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Just had reason to dip into this yet again. As I have mentioned before, it is proving such a good resource and with some solid ideas and delightful ruses.

Neil
dismany
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of dismany
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, Prager wrote:
I received this review from Christian Fisanick at lybrary.com
I feel so grateful; I worked passionately this project.

A quick look of the contents will reveal a plethora (as Dee Christopher says) of routines, forces, subtleties, peeks, imp pads, anagrams, theoretical concepts... I started reading, and just about every time I went to the next page I thought, "Wow! That's terrific. I'm adding it to my repertoire." When I got to the end, I discovered that I had a whole lot of things to add to my repertoire--and I wanted to go through the book again. This collection is clearly a labor of love from years of doing practical mentalism. And unlike a lot of propless "maybe it'll work; maybe it won't" stuff, this material is straightforward and direct. For example, Jose takes a classic psychological force and makes it virtually miss-proof using a principle that you will probably be familiar with but hadn't thought of using in this context. Later in the book he details how to reveal things effectively. Now I am a big fan of the way Luke Jermay thinks about this topic from his DVD Making Mind Reading Look Real so I wasn't expecting much new. I was wrong. The revelation stuff is great. And you get bonus effects from Dee Christopher (one of my close-up favorites of his, Falling Coins) and Peter Turner. You will spend a lot of time studying this ebook. Guaranteed.

Don't be put off by the price tag. Prager's Magnum Opus is worth every penny. Highest recommendation here for the best mentalism book of the year so far.

It is an excellent book!!! Excellent in so many ways. I wish I had this is hard copy.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I can not believe I am so late to the party on this one. It's fantastic. I picked it up on sale at E-Mentalism at a killer price. ($19.95). I would have been more than happy with this at full price. You will find material in here you'll use. And, as of this writing I am only half way through it. It's an easy, and fun read as well. (similar feel to it as Don't Forget To Play imo)
Anyway, if you've been on the fence or missed it like I did, consider picking it up. I give this one five pentagrams Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Rereading this one in the next days. I remember liking some of the ideas when I read it but I didn't take notes.

Have you read it?

Do you perform anything from it or is there something that caught your eye ?
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Man Who Knows How To Amuse and Mystify (12 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL