The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » After Dark by Matt Johnson (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
matthewjohnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
239 Posts

Profile of matthewjohnson
If you were to use Dark Arts handling you could for sure hand the envelope out to the spectator to examine and remove the cards themselves just as in DA. However now you have the added bonus of giving them one last look at both the outside of the envelope and the inside of the envelope right before the peek Smile

MJ
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, matthewjohnson wrote:
If you were to use Dark Arts handling you could for sure hand the envelope out to the spectator to examine and remove the cards themselves just as in DA. However now you have the added bonus of giving them one last look at both the outside of the envelope and the inside of the envelope right before the peek Smile

MJ

Yes that's true too. I guess that's a nice little bonus for camera work.
I know I'll repeat myself, but in my experience, once they removed the business card from the envelope, there is no suspicion in their mind about it.
But I like this handling you just described. I may try it. I definitely recommend getting DA and AD together Smile

Patrick
matthewjohnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
239 Posts

I recently got a message from a magician by the name of Jack Daniels (I know, great name).

He purchased After Dark and messaged me to let me know that he loved it and also what he was doing with it and I wanted to share it with you all as its a great idea and one I had never thought of.

Using the blank template provided in the download he has made a promotional envelope that has his logo and name on one side and contact details on the other. As the envelope is made of card stock it is just as durable as a business card except so much more important and special as a keep sake to the spectator.

After doing the routine and reading their minds he puts the business cards back in the envelope and gives it to the spectator to keep which for those of you that own After Dark know that it is possible to give the envelope away at the end and everything for this is included in the download.

Jack leaves his spectator with not only a great memory and keepsake that will live on in the minds of the spectator long after the performance is over, but he also leaves them with his great promotional tool. Something that everyone will see every time the spectator takes out the envelope to show friends and relay the story!

This is one of those "I wish I had thought of it" moments!

Congrats to Jack for adding this awesome addition to After Dark. If you own the download I urge you to do the same to promote your name and magic.

I have attached a picture that Jack sent of one side of the envelope. The other side has his contact details.

To see the envelope in action check it out at www.urbandeception.com/afterdark

MJ

Click here to view attached image.
danster08
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of danster08
I have been told that there is an application of the After Dark envelope that allows you to use it as a double envelope. Can someone, that owns this, verify if this is taught on the download? If so, I am very interested in purchasing this. Not to mention that I am already a fan of DA and definitely want to see the improvements. But before downloading, I wanted to find out about the double envelope option.
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
http://danielleemagic.com/
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
@danster08 Yes you can use it as double envelope Smile
danster08
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of danster08
Lseeyou, and this is described?
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
I think its not mentioned but as soon you build one envelope without peek feature you know what's possible.
danster08
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of danster08
Great! Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to checking this out.
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
matthewjohnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
239 Posts

Indeed you can use the After Dark envelope for other applications other than a peek.

Cheers

MJ
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
290 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
It's a pity that no one seems to be aware of virtually identical work on this exact principle that predates all of this by 20 years or more. Oh well. Research is a good thing.
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2017, Mark Strivings wrote:
It's a pity that no one seems to be aware of virtually identical work on this exact principle that predates all of this by 20 years or more. Oh well. Research is a good thing.

Well, at least someone in this thread pointed back to something similar:

Quote:
On Jul 8, 2017, Nicolino wrote:
Look at Mark Striving's making of "ESP in my Pocket IV" (2004) and you get an idea what to expect (no matter if it's an ESP square, a house or any other 'frame' that you have to draw on the outside).

Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
magicbrady
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magicbrady
Ok... I've been using this for a long time and it is frying people. Such a great effect. My question, is does anybody have a contingency plan when it fails. 95% of the time it's spot on. You get a sloppy person that doesn't follow direction and 5% of the time, I have no idea what it is. Any contingencies you all are using?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » After Dark by Matt Johnson (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL