The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Effects using piles to stack a deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Louis1974
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Louis1974
I am looking for effects that use piles in order to conceal there stacking of a shuffled deck. Messrs Redford and Farmer have recently come up with effective ways to quickly stack a deck in your favourite memorised order in front of a spectator. As can be expected, part of the process involves dealing piles. So far, I have thought of doing a simple Equivoque effect, starting with 2 rows of 5 cards (if 10 piles are required). I have also thought of using effects where a car or robot finds a packet or a selected card by going to it. Let me know if you have any other suggestions! Thx
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
If you use my technique of two deal throughs you can have two cards thought of. By knowing which piles those cards are in each time the system will code the stack number of the cards thought of to you. This way you'll not only secretly stack the deck, you'll also have a great thought of card(s) reveal! I'll post details up on the toolbox soon.
Louis1974
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Louis1974
Thx! This seems like a very useful way to go about it! You could do the final reveal not only by stating what the card is but also where in the deck it is.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I wouldn't state where the card is. I think that hits too close to home. If you're part of our facebook group I'll be making a more detail post about the above soon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Effects using piles to stack a deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL