The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Ropes in the UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindacrossrhino
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of mindacrossrhino
Hi all

I can see this question has been asked several times in the past, however I have been unable to find an answer that caters to a UK audience (may just be my poor searching skills). I can find many sources of magician's rope in the UK, however would like to know what rope people would recommend (sourced from the UK).

To help narrow down what I am after, I am putting together a 'one' rope routine based primarily on Fiber Optics, and some of Daryl's work and think I am after something around 10mm of thickness. Ideally the rope would be white, though not having handled many different types can't say whether I prefer cored or not at this stage.

Many thanks
Simon
Weddingmagician
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Weddingmagician
I use Castle Cord which I think is now only available from magiciansrope.co.uk. This is the best rope I have found in the UK for fiber optic etc.
mindacrossrhino
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Brilliant, will be checking them out soon, thanks for the reply Weddingmagician
dlprice
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of dlprice
PropDog has the largest variety of magician's rope I have so far found in the UK. They sell various of the BTC ropes, which I believe were favoured by Daryl and Mac King, make their own, and sell a couple of other brands. Great shop as well if you're ever in the area; good way to try out a few different types of rope at the same time.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
We do ship to UK, but it is a bit expensive for the shipping. If PropDog sells BTC, then that's your best bet.
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
mindacrossrhino
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Many thanks to dlprice and dbaronian for your replies, have purchased some castle cord as suggested above now, however will check out PropDog when I next need to purchase some.

Kind regards
Simon
raw36
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of raw36
PropDog items are very good I have a fake lemon and lime for the chop cup. Even the smell is a+.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Ropes in the UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL