The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Please help me with my 3 shell game (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I think that all wonderful things should be used and not looked at.

I agree with KirkG and I live by this rule.

Otherwise you end up dying having never fully enjoyed your toys.

I talked a very good frind of mine into using a golf ball he got from Pebble Beach. I said, "Would you just use the *** thing. It's a golf ball. It will probably be your lucky ball".
It was on a water hole and it went right in...
*ker-plunk*.

The moral of the story is this..
If he didn't use it, it would be sitting in his bag still....doing nothing.
Instead we have a funny story to tell.
And I believe the ball has a smile on it's face Smile

The same should be done with magic props. Get great ones and use them up!!!! I don't mean to take your Sherwood cups to the street or to do something incongruous (finally got to use that word. hope I spelled it right) but buy great stuff and use it! That's what it's really for.

Moral #2: Kirk will now mail those Paul Fox Cups up to me for keeps to demonstrate that no longer having his cups will provide the Café with a good story to talk about for years to come.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
"I think that Whit is a great close up magician and I have learned more about the shells by reading his posts than I have from many of the magic books... I have seen his close up work on video and he is great!
He did a watch steal and it ended up inside a sealed envelope...

Very great close up magic..."

Glenn Bishop

Thanks, Glenn. I have heard great things about you as well. Look forward to seeing you at the Castle this summer, if your schedule works out.

Whit
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I have enjoyed everyone posting the shellgame. I feel that everyone is right and correct in all the view points oon magic, performace, dress, and the shellgame.

Perhaps I still love those old vernet shells because of the car loads of them I sold over the magic counter of my Fathers old magic shop.

Back then they were the best that you could get. And when your job is to sell magic and move product. The set you sell is the best set at the time and man I moved a lot of shells in those days.

But you are right (everyone here) there are better sets and it is important to have nice props. I do agree with everyone in here that in order to comand a great fee for a show it is important to look great in the clothes that you ware, the props that you use...

Thanks again everyone for posting...

Glenn Bishop

PS... Note to everyone... Take advantage of Whit's school for S - and his shellgame products. Great products are never on the magic market forever... P & L has left us - so has rings and things...

His products on the shellgame are the finest I have ever seen... I wish they were around in the old days of my Dads magic shop because I would have sold car loads of them.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Quote:
On 2004-04-15 21:11, bishthemagish wrote:
I wish they were around in the old days of my Dads magic shop because I would have sold car loads of them.

After seeing your shell game video, I have no doubt of that.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2004-04-15 19:14, KirkG wrote:

As far as theft, I never set anything down that is not locked up. Rules to live by. I would hate to loose my Paul Fox cups, but they are there to be used, not looked at.

Kirk G.

Great post. One of the times my case got ripped off was during a lecture for magicians in the back of my fathers magic shop. It is hard to ring up sales and watch the store, demostrate and do a short lecture demo at the same time. And wach my open case that was behind the counter becaue it was there for easy get to for props. I have also had the whole locked case ripped off from behind the bar where the bartender was asked to keep an eye on it.

I have a few sets and I am adding to them in the weeks ahead from the school of s... I choose the set depending on the show and the audience.

As far as dress and props I learned from my parents - one step better dressed than the audience is a good rule!

I enjoyed your post...

Glenn Bishop
http://www.mrhypnotist.org
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Please help me with my 3 shell game (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL