The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Cane Cabinet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

themagicman3
View Profile
New user
NC, United States
49 Posts

Profile of themagicman3
I have been looking for illusions that are fairly easy to build and came across the Cane Cabinet. I found two different descriptions, one where the assistant is impaled and then disappears and another where the assistant holds a colored silk from the top, is impaled, and then vanishes being replaced by another assitant. In the second description, the first assistant reappears in the audience after being switched with the second assistant.

I was wondering if these were the same illusion, just different descriptions. Also, does anyone know anything about the illusion and its difficulty level? Would you reccomend purchasing the plans for the illusion and, if so, where or who's plans would be the best to purchase?

Thank you for your help.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Abbott's Magic sells these plans. For an illusion it is easy to built. There is the fall apart box and the stairs to build.

I would say they are the same illusion as you can do what you discribed, the asst. exchange, with Abbott's. It sounds like a presentation difference not a building change.

You will need to know about woodworking if you plan to tackle any illusion. They do not tell how to perfect your craftmanship.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
The one with the silk out the top is my version of the illusion and my own adaptation of it complete with a built in mini flash pot for the exchange. You probably saw it listed on magic auction. That is my own routine that I devised. The illusion was however built by Gerry Frenette from MagicMakers (the original company-not the Rob Stiff rip off company).

If you are interested in that routine(it is a killer) let me know. The unit is also still for sale and I would be willing to make a trade as well as accept cash, I'll sell it for a good price-better than the one listed on the auction-I haven't updated or reduced the price on the auction. To be honest I forgot it was still listed.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Robert Simone at the houe for magic has a Cane Cabnet with the deceptive steps for sale for $100.00. it's used, but works well (used it in a show at the mall a week ago).

Call him at 256-383-0898 if you're interested.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Wow an illusion for only a hundred bucks, now that's a deal. But does make me wonder how good it is for only that little money. However I think he wants to build one himself.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Cane Cabinet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL