The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Merlin and Zingone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tarbell Magic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Tarbell Magic
I remember with interest that on at least two occasions in Expert Card Technique, Hugard and Braue refer to a couple of Jack Merlin items (the Double Deal and Lost Aces), as having been suppressed from his booklet ‘…and a Pack of Cards.’

Merlin’s is an old book, and I am interested in picking it up, but did he make an effort to keep his best material out?

Also, could anybody point the way to other published Luis Zingone items?

Best Wishes.
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
Don't know about published Zingone (how is that pronounced by the way?) items outside of ECT, but there exists a film of him performing for some soldiers on a train. I know it exists, but haven't been able to track it down. Any help?

Van
Later Ya'll

Van
Tony Noice
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Tony Noice
Zingone is pronounced Zin-go-nee with the accent on the middle syllable.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
984 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I have a tape of what I think is a vinyl recording of Zingone. Anyone have any more info on what exactly this is?

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
Quote:

Merlin’s is an old book, and I am interested in picking it up, but did he make an effort to keep his best material out?

Even if he did, the material and thinking in there are so far ahead of most of the material published in the first half of the 20th century, it's just not funny. This is a GREAT, overlooked book.

Probably overlooked because Vernon mostly raved about Leipzig, Malini and a few others and never mentioned Merlin.

Andrew Wimhurst
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
A friend of mine loaned me a set of three 78 vinyl records plus instructions in a book titled "Zingone's Recorded Card Tricks. Volume 1" It was published in 1939 by the "Liberty Music Shop". The Copyright is held by the Magic Record Co. of New York.

Unfortunately two of the records have chips out of their edges. I haven't tried to play them yet. There is a photograph of Mr. Zingone on the inside of the front cover.

Van
Later Ya'll

Van
Tarbell Magic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Tarbell Magic
Thanks, everyone! Merlin's, and 'A Pack of Cards' is next on my shopping list.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Merlin and Zingone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL