The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Excellence in Family Magic by Scott Green (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Https://www.amazekids.com/magic/magic-fo......y-magic/

I just saw this book on amazekids. Is this a new book? Anyone have a review/more info on it? It has endorsements from Silly Billy and Christopher T. Magician and I just read their books and thought they were great.
Thank you.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I think that Scott also did a lecture at the KIDabra Conference this past summer (a month or so ago), that was well received.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Speaking of new books for family or children's entertainers (you've mentioned the new books from Scott Green, Christopher T. Magician, and Silly Billy), there's also a new book coming out from David Ginn in late September (any day now).

544 pages, titled "Kidshow Magic Kompendium."

I saw it promoted on Facebook back in the summer (there was a PDF detailing the book and a pre-publication offer). Plus David mentioned it to me when we had a phone conversation at the end of July.

I'm sure it will be promoted at his lectures, on his website, to his newsletter (Autumn's Leaflet) subscribers, etc.

- Donald
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Too many new books!! I can't keep up! Good releases need to staggered Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I understand, Sparta. People would do anything to feed their children nowadays.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2017, Dynamike wrote:
People would do anything to feed their children nowadays.

This is an odd comment, Dynamike. Care to clarify?

It almost reads that you're criticizing some performers who are also lecturers / magic dealers, for having multiple sources of income. David Ginn, David Kaye (Silly Billy), and Christopher Barnes (Christopher T. Magician) have established themselves as magic teachers to other magicians. They've been doing this for a while, they've released books / DVDs / tricks, etc. in the past, and for them to release new material is perfectly normal.

- Donald
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
I certainly would like to read a review of this book by any members here.

Gerry
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I have Scott's book - I've read it cover to cover. It is an EXCELLENT book on children's magic. Highly recommended. He covers all aspects of doing shows, not just the "magic tricks". He has some great additions to standard kid show routines, and some completely new original routines. There's even a chapter on balloons - two tips in this chapter have already saved me lots of time and money. I have all of the kid show books, and so far this is the best one published to date.

Jim
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Hey Jim,

Thanks for this.

I'm going to buy this book based on your recommendation.

Gerry
Scott Green
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Scott Green
I see I'm late to my own party here--the book was also just reviewed in M-U-M and the Kidabra Journal. Jim Kleefeld and Skip Way gave it high marks as well. If you'd like a signed copy, you can order directly from me via scottmakesmagic.com.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Scott -

Welcome to the Magic Café. I see that you'll be lecturing at KAX 2018 at the end of January. It's nice to know that you were such at hit at KIDabra 2017, that Mark and Tami are bringing you to lecture at KAX 2018 as well. I'm looking forward to meeting you, and getting a copy of your book.

http://www.kidabra.org/kax-schedule-2018

- Donald
Scott Green
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Scott Green
Thanks Donald! I've also started a new podcast highlighting lecturers at KAX 2018, so you (and everyone else!) can get to know who they'll meet in January. http://scottgreen.podbean.com

By the way, do you know how I can make my name display as Scott Green instead of scottgreen?
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2017, scottgreen wrote:
By the way, do you know how I can make my name display as Scott Green instead of scottgreen?

Make a post in the " The Magic Café Tech Help Area" and ask for a User Name Change. One of the tech people can change that for you, as long as that name hasn't been used on the Café before.

- Donald
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Scott,

I have yet to purchase your book, but am planning to do so VERY SOON as I hear it's excellent. I just read the excellent review it received in MUM.

Please don't take offense at what I'm about to say, but up until a few months ago, I never heard of you. According to your bio, you are "A national leader in my field" and a "regularly featured lecturer at magicians' conferences."

I don't attend many magicians conventions these days, so I'm curious what other conventions you have lectured and when.

Again, good luck with your book.

I can't wait to read it.

Gerry
Scott Green
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Scott Green
Hi Gerry,

I'd never heard of me until a few months ago either!...

In all seriousness, the bio on my page for clients is, well, for clients. It's shorthand to avoid having to explain to granular detail my accomplishments—"I've lectured at the most recent KAX and Kidabra conferences and will lecture at the next KAX" is meaningless to non-magicians. That, plus the book, plus the praise for it from guys like David Kaye and Christopher T. Magician (and now Jim Kleefeld and Skip Way in the M-U-M and Kidabra Journal reviews), makes me more notable in the field—granted, in my own opinion—than other children's magicians in my market, excepting probably Danny Orleans (who mainly does corporate work these days).

My bio for magicians, at http://www.scottmakesmagic.com, is a little clearer on this stuff, but that's because when I say "lectured at Kidabra and KAX," magicians know what that means without elaboration.

I hope that sounds reasonable. I'm game to change it if it leads clients to the wrong conclusion.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Thanks Scott.

Gerry
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I was provided this book in exchange for an honest review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgNMYUanfD0
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Excellence in Family Magic by Scott Green (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL