The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Choose your own Café adventure (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
"You know, they're saying this is the only place in town the power's out."

"I doubt it."

"Yeah, but could be true."

"You think so?"

The cellar door swung open wide. On it's threshold a pair of ghastly eyes.

friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
In a low grumbling tone a voice muttered out, "If these walls could talk....." Laura was taken aback. She paused for a brief second and here eyes were now becoming aclimated to the dark and she could make out small, oddly placed, protrusions from the wall just below the glowing eyes. "What?" she asked. Again the voice came back, a little more clearer and refined than before, "If these walls could talk...." it said. She was able to trace the source of the voice. It seemed like it came from the wall itself. Yes!, the glowing eyes clearly outlined a little wooden knot for a nose and split in the wooden boards for a mouth. So she questioned back, "What would they say?"..... "I don't know." the wall spoke back to her, it seemed upset by the question. "Well, what would the walls say if they could talk?" Laura questioned. "Maybe you should ask them." it grumbled back, definately annoyed at her line of questioning. "Peculiar, I thought I was." she thought outloud. Just as she said this she could hear the sound of a throat clearing itself as if to interject, "UghUmmm..." This sound came deeper into the dark room and her eyes bolted to the direction of the source of this sound. Then she looked quickly back to the wall and eyes near her......but they were gone. She ran her hand upon the wood where the eyes, nose and mouth just appeared only a secound ago and felt nothing but a smooth surface, complete with dust. "ughhh..ummmmm...." the grustle of the throat cleared again, as if it beckonded her to come deeper into the dark room. Two glowing dots flashed, faint. She imagined these were new eyes lighting the dark, but unsure if she should trust them.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2017, magicalaurie wrote:

The cellar door swung open wide. On it's threshold a pair of ghastly eyes.

For those who'd like my version of the resolution of the mystery Smile, I have an Epilogue in mind. Just need to actually write it. Smile Apologies, perhaps Smile Smile, for leaving you all in suspense...
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Change of plans.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Song: Broken Arrow. Performed by Rod Stewart 1991. From the album Vagabond Heart.
Written by Robbie Robertson, released 1987.
Absolutely no copyright infringement intended.

Zorro passed on January 5, 2018, around 1:30 a.m.

This song came to my mind just hours after Zorro's passing. I was unfamiliar with the original version, and it's not one I recall listening to a lot at the time of this version's release, so I don't think I knew the lyrics well, though it may have been on my sister's playlist.

What came to me was just the, "Do you feel what I feel?" I recalled it as a soothing melody and it comforted me at that moment, as I stood in front of my closet, just several feet away and directly across from where my sister had laid Zorro's body after he passed.

And so I searched google for the song, had a listen, and discovered some very interesting parallels.

For Zorro et al, with love.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Sorry to hear about Zorro, Laurie. Thanks for the video.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thank you, Jack.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Here's a reveal on those "ghastly eyes" - check out the "small flashlight" in this pic Smile :

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
If memory serves, today is Magic's 2nd birthday, though I generally don't do birthdays, anymore. Regardless, we had cake last night! Smile

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Choose your own Café adventure (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL