The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Strangest Cold Reading...ever. (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I am in a small room. Before me is a woman in a Disney princess kinda gown. There is shredded flesh all over her face...and what looks like a human heart pinned to her bodice. She is regarding me through slitted eyeballs that would look more at home on a cat and (I am pretty sure) a half smile.

"Are you...Snow White?" I ask.

She nods, which makes the shreds of flesh on her face shake in a most disconcerting manner.

"What...umm...happened to you?" I ask.

"I got shot in the face...with a shotgun," she tells me. I believe it.

"Who would shoot Snow White?" I ask.

She smiles at me. (Probably.) "The Huntsmen," she says.

"...oh...."

She taps the heart and says "This is his heart." Now she's REALLY smiling...not a good look on her.

I've been hired to do a show at the military base for a Halloween Party...followed by one-on-one readings.

"So?" she asks.

I have been oddly fixated on watching a particular flap of flesh sway back and forth as she talks.

"Huh?" I respond. (Yes...most un-readerlike of me...I know.)

"Any advice for me?" she asks.

"Avoid apples," I say.

She smiles and taps the heart again. I'm thinking there is a veiled threat there somewhere.

I tell her what I tell each person I do a reading for: "I am not a fortune teller. I can't predict the future. I get impressions about the people and I share those impressions. Sometimes they are very clear...sometimes they are abstract. And I don't sugar coat the things I see. Do you want me to continue?"

She nods and the fleshy bits waggle again. I am thinking that this is going to be tough because I can't see her eyes. I am not going to get any of the cues I am used to because she's not wearing her her own clothes. The usual cues I would read from her face are hidden by those bloody ribbons of flesh. No body language help at all. Not good...because I really depend on it.

I sit and regard her for a long moment. I see an ornate tattoo on the inside of her arm. It reads "Lindsay."

"I am seeing someone significant to you," I say. "This is someone you think about often...a female you care about very deeply."

The slitty little eyes move upward. She's thinking.

"I am seeing the letter 'L' in her name. Does that make sense to you?"

She nods once and is now smiling broadly.

"When you think of this person...she's not looking up at you, is she?" I ask.

The smile broadens. She nods.

My eyes flicker to her fingers. No rings. But that may not mean anything. I decide to take a chance anyway.

"She's not your daughter, is she?"

Snow White shakes her head.

"I didn't think so," I say.

"When you think of her, I get the sensation of warmth here," I say tapping my heart. "You've known her all her life."

Snow White nods. I wish she would stop doing that. "She reminds you of yourself."

She nods. "Yes. When I was that age. She's smart."

"You feel very protective of her."

She nods again.

"I thought so," I say...and on it goes. One thing leads to another and before long we establish that she is trapped in a clerical job on the base and that she wants to run her own company one day, probably something to do with the movie industry. (Go figure.)

The reading takes about seven minutes...but as I watch her walking away I am thinking how handy it is to have Cold Reading tucked into my arsenal...how wonderful it is to be able to do a cold read...then a warm read...and then a reading that makes the sitter feel like they brushed up against something amazing...even if just for a few minutes.

I love my job.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
Wow! Great.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Its still one of my favourites - a few years ago, a camp barman in a bar bugged me for a reading after I'd finished the little gig I had in a private area of the place...I gave him my rules and explanations...he agreed and understood them...I gave him the cards to mix, and he said...

"Sooooo, can you tell me when I'm going to die?"...
I've asked to be banned
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
"Yes . . . when your brain stops functioning."
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Part of me did want to say "well, don't make any plans for late next week..."
I've asked to be banned
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
That's a great story, thanks for sharing David!

Quote:
On Oct 29, 2017, IAIN wrote:
"Sooooo, can you tell me when I'm going to die?"...

Quote:
On Oct 29, 2017, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
"Yes . . . when your brain stops functioning."

ROFL
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
MrPoponi
View Profile
New user
Brazil
93 Posts

Profile of MrPoponi
I don't like ask anything during a reading.
The consulent who asks questions for me and in those questions I have the information.
If I ask a question ... well ... it's just to clarify between two or three possible interpretations that I see...
About the future of the consulent.
When will he/she die?
If I don't know anything about his/her health, I usually says:
"I don't know, but I know you'll be alive for more 4 or 5 years."

But, this is variable too...
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
No. You're immortal. Has no one told you?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Strangest Cold Reading...ever. (14 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL