The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where to purchase slot box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gandolf
View Profile
Loyal user
Hillsborough,NC
236 Posts

Profile of gandolf
I've decided to add a slot box to my list of routines to learn. I have done some searches, but am unable to find a "standard" Okito-style slot box to match my Johnson boxes. Daytona Magic has some Jim Zee coin boxes, however, this company has gotten some very bad press on this site.

Anyone wish to share where they purchased their boxes? I am looking for the standard flat-sided box, not the Buddha-sided type.
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
I'm not sure about one matching the Johnson one. You might have to buy another set. David Roth has this set for sale. Try a search. Hope that helps.
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
You can get from most dealers the Buddha line of boxes. They have Okito, Boston, slot, magnetic, plug and sucker. Comes in sizes of half dollars and quarters too.

They have a nice weight to it.
Bernard Sim
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
The complete Roth set is pretty pricey (somewhere around $100). The Johnson standard S box matches the Okito box nicely, however, it's a PITA to find one these days.

I just ran several searches of the usual suppliers and turned up empty, except for the gold dollar box set that the Trickery sells.

I'd try contacting Johnson directly to get the their slot box. Their number is 626-445-1411. Ask for Kathy.

Best,
Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I don't like the Buddha boxes because their lids have a smooth convex edge. I find it hard to get a good grasp of the lid and makes handling awkward...just my experience. Others may have a different opinion.

I have the David Roth set. Got it at his LVMI Coinvention lecture last August. Pricey, yes, I think it was $90 smackers, but very good quality and all matching. The best part however is that it includes his manuscript!!! Made it worth it to me! Any magic shop should be able to get it for you. PM me if you need help finding it.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
CoolMAgic4U
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
205 Posts

Profile of CoolMAgic4U
Try this link... http://wizardcraft.com/coin_boxes.htm

Never dealt with them so I don't know anything about them...Just used search function..
CoolMagic4U---aka---Ed Smile
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
The Pro Coin Boxes - Exotic Metal and Wood Inlaid from Moonlight Magic sure looks cool.
Bernard Sim
gandolf
View Profile
Loyal user
Hillsborough,NC
236 Posts

Profile of gandolf
Thank you all for your responses. Sorry to be delayed in my appreciation, I was out of town. I decided to try the Daytona magic site in spite of the negative reviews as the box seems to be close to what I am after. If it isn't, I'll think about coughing up the money for David Roth's set---wife permitting!!!
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I just ordered a huge set of various boxes (including a slot box) from Roy Kueppers. Email him, he is extremely affordable and great quality.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
Good call man. I just bounced Roy an e-mail about an Okito/slot set... those cocobolo boxes look niiiiice...

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
Ooh they makes coin boxes out of coco-bolo? I can get a whole coco-bolo TREE for fairly cheap here...

(wheels turning Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where to purchase slot box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL