The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A better plot (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mordo58
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Mordo58
I came up with an effect where a card is chosen returned to the deck and shuffled by the spectator. A card is chosen and then burned by the performer and the ashes of the card are then spread on top of a new deck of cards in the box still. The deck is opened and shown to the spectator one card had light burn marks on it and it is the same one chosen by the spectator.

I have thought about the story to go along with this and I can only come up with how cards can feel each others pain. Do you guys have any better plot to go along with the trick or for something like this is the effect alone enough without a story or plot?
CR_Shelton
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of CR_Shelton
It reminds me of the scene in Mary Poppins where the father tears up a letter and throws it in the fireplace, but she shows up with it in her hand the next day. I like the idea that you can't get rid of the card.

Maybe they pick one, but you just used it in the prior effect. So you ask them to pick a different one, but they get it again. So you put it in your pocket, but they still end up with it. You tear it up, but the pieces restore... etc. Eventually you are so frustrated you just light it on fire and open a new deck, but then it's in there with burn marks.
An actor is a magician performing the illusion of reality.
www.ActingMagician.com
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Reminds me a little bit of a Max Maven effect called "Burnt Offerings". The presentation is a little bit ocult-ish, but could give you some ideas.
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
408 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
How about something along the lines of a the Salem Witch Trials The town people gather together to accuse one person of witch craft and even if that person escapes and has friends help her by hiding they will eventually get caught
thatmichaelguy
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of thatmichaelguy
It could perhaps be related to the mythical phoenix and their magical properties?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A better plot (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL