The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Adam Elbaum Penguin Live Review (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So I just purchased this yesterday, and saw the full lecture.

I don't recall each and every effect taught, but I will try to remember the best that I can of what was taught.

Adam Elbaum might be unknown to most of you, but he released an effect called Awe Struck with ideas from Asi Wind and Paul Vigil which stepped it up and those additions along withe Adam's contributions for the basic effect made the effect special.
e
Routines:

There is a version of John Bannon's Tattoo You, that looks good, but not something I will use, but for those that like Bannon's routine, might want to check this effect out, not my cup of tea. Easy to do, and average card handling skills required. 7/10

Ambitious Card/Reverse Cull: First 2 phases of ambitious card that we all know, and then during the 3rd phase, he hits you hard with a very clean handling of showing the card in the middle, having it jump up to the top. You will need to learn the Reverse Cull, and for me this was one of the standout pieces, worth the price of the lecture, since it is invisible, so much so that Dan Harlan says he is switching over to using Adam's Reverse Cull instead of the traditional Hofsinzer Cull. 10/10

First Trick I created: A card with its corner torn out is found in an impossible place. At the end the corner matches. Very fooling, and easy to do, the card can be signed as well.
Very clear instruction, and something I will be using. Great ideas on where it could end up at the end as well. 9/10

Invisible Thread: Does that do thread work will love this, I don't do any thread work, so not for me, but great handling and hookup tips given. 7/10

Awe Struck: you need to have this dealer item to be able to do it. I own it, so great tips given and new ideas given as well 9/10

Divide and Conquer: I loved this. A spectator finds his/her own selected card. Looks really good, and not all that hard to do. 10/10, also use it for other ideas.

WTF Card to Pocket = when special circumstances arise, you can perform this, you wont always be doing this, but for that special occasion, looks like trick photography 8/10

Visible Deck = good ideas using the Ultra Mental Deck, 8/10

I believe that's it. I got 3 things out of the lecture. If you can get 1 good thing from a lecture, I feel you got your money's worth, in this case the lecture was $30, so $10 bucks per idea or effect that I will practice and hopefully use one day, especially the Reverse Cull, that is worth the $30 alone.

Great ideas, and something that you will enjoy watching, and practicing, as I am now, after a day of having watched the lecture.

Overall lecture review score: 9/10 Since I will hopefully use some of his ideas in my work someday. Lot of value in the lecture, even though some effects werent for me, I still feel it was really well paced, structured, and presented.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Adam Elbaum Penguin Live Review (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL