The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Are we doing enough!? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Its been a very long time since I have posted here. these past many years I have been through much. more then any man should have to go through. however as the Lord has lead me through all these trials and brokenness I come to a point of asking are we doing enough? I know for me I have worked hard to change my message in my shows to hit harder and not sugar coat anything. I have always lectured at christian magic conventions that we need to make the Gospel personal. (ill explain more in another post)

as one that has been in full time ministry for decades I find myself deeply disappointed in that I have not pushed harder to unleash the truth of Gods love with others.

and this is not even about having more shows or more magic tricks or even being a magician at all. this is about me and you as children of God. those of us that have accepted the free Gift of salvation.

we are called to make disciples of others we are called to unleash the truth of Gods love with everyone.

churches today don't seem to be preaching the Gospel anymore. they seem to be more concerned about having seats filled rather then hearts filled with passion to pursue God through Jesus and the holy Spirit.

John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”

Isn’t it ironic that God chose to use the weak and foolish things of the world to do His will. “But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.” 1 Corinthians 1:24-26 A common lie of the enemy is that we are unqualified to be used by God in spreading the “Good News” of Christ, which sadly enough, we often believe to be true. Satan wants us to believe that we are ill-equipped. He wants us to buy into the fact that we are not worthy or capable of telling others about eternal life with Jesus Christ. He wants us to accept as true that others would do the kingdom work more effectively. God is simply looking for willing servants who are eager to go out and collect a harvest that He has already prepared! “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Luke 10:1-3

Let's look at the life of D.L. Moody, who was a humble and willing servant. A simple and common man that God used in a very mighty and powerful way to further His Kingdom. He was not a rich or well educated man, as he came from a poor family of 9 children and only had an 8th grade education. He was merely a man with a heart after God and chose to do something about it. Thousands came to know the lord through his ministry and the fruit of it has remained much after his passing.
Here are seven things that may have been why Moody had such an anointing and such great succession his serving the Lord:

1. Moody became a fully surrendered man, and much like Paul, he held nothing back from the Lord “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20 “They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.” Revelation 12:11
2. He was a man of much prayer “Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
3. He was a deep and practical student of the Bible (Study to show thyself approved unto God... “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”. 2 Timothy 2:15
4. He was a humble man - Be not wise in your own conceits. “Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position, Do not be conceited. Romans 12:15-17
5. He was not a lover of money “Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.” 1 Timothy 6:9-11
6. He had a consuming passion for the salvation of the lost “Jesus said, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:15
7. And he was endued with Power from on High “I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.” Luke 24:49

The life of D.L. Moody, gives us a basic foundation for effective ministry and what it takes to be effective for Christ. We find that the necessary credentials have nothing to do with how educated we are or how connected we are with others. The main credentials are a heart that is focused on Christ and seeks first the kingdom of God. A man or a woman who sets aside time each day to meditate on God’s Word and desires to know Him in a more intimate way will always prosper and have great success, as the Lord promised Joshua: “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.” Joshua 1:8
And as David so eloquently proclaimed, “But whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. 3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers.” Psalm 1:1-3 It is about desiring to become more Christ-like above anything else.

i want to see us lift each other up and help strengthen each other so that we can draw closer to God and become more of a force for unleashing the truth of His love in this lost and dying world that is full of Brokenness.

magically yours
sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
#2 on you list, is what I'm not doing enough. Thanks for your comments coming from your heart, Sam.
MSaber
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MSaber
I applaud your determination to preach the gospel. Look into Orthodox Christianity my man.... I think it might change your life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Are we doing enough!? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL