The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Super pro writer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
I have had mine now for a very long time.

( yeah, it is a quality product, that lasts very long)

I got mine from Hank Lee , Pad included.

Go for the pad also!It is very clever and really helps to avoid some of the typical mistakes you make, when using a NW.

Also
( no , I do not get any money from him for saying this)

get John Riggs new DVD on Secret Writings
( pocket- , double- and NW)

Its a wonderful real world, to the point lecture.He really helps you to avoid certain mistakes with NW.

Ravi
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Does the Super Writer use 2mm size lead?

Thanks

WC
francisco
View Profile
Loyal user
Coolest guy in the café
267 Posts

Profile of francisco
Hey, whats special about this sharpie pen?
is it just a swami gimmick/nail writer but less discrete?
'When you steal one trick, they call it plagiarism. When you steal many - they call it research.'

[Corinda, 13 steps to mentalism]
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
WC...

The "Super Pro Writer" (SPW) uses a lead that is a bit thicker than 2mm... it may be hard to readily find... closest I've seen is the extruded charcoal "leads" you can find at places like Michaels... I would presume that Bavli/Koonts sell refills for the lead considering it's unusual size...

You could also possibly use the lead from the inside of childrens pencils as they are thicker than a normal 2mm pencil... you'd have to split the wood casing and pop out the lead to test... these pencils can often be cheaply found at 99 cent stores or Big Lots!

At the 99 cent store near me I found a set of drawing pencils called "Crayola Portfolio AquaSketch"... these have a nice dark lead which is thicker than 2mm (you'll still have to split the casing) plus because it is water soluble if you slightly moisten the lead it can leave a deep, dark impression that can look like a Sharpie... you get 12 pencils for 99 cents (I get most of my stuff at my local "99 Cents Only" store which is a chain in the southwest, but I suppose that since these are made by Crayola you can probably find them elsewhere too)...

The make and style of the "SPW" itself reminds me of a TT writer made by Dave Powell... the originals were made with a soft vinyl TT which worked beautifully... I've had and used mine for over 10 years... recently I ordered some more Powell TT writers and they are now made with a cheap plastic TT which is not that good... similar results to the "SPW" can be gotten with the Vernet TT writer... and if you want something as close as the "SPW" then buy a Vernet Listo TT writer and replace the Listo with one of the thicker leads as I previously recommended...

The real gem in the SPW package is the clipboard as it allows you to write one-handed... I took the SPW clipboard principle, applied it to a pad and now have a one-handed tool that looks like a normal pad and not a clipboard...

Hope this helps...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader
Õ¿Õ¬
matthu
View Profile
Regular user
UK
170 Posts

Profile of matthu
Well - this seems to be available on Amazon now - so it must be good!?

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Writer-Trick......02MI36NG
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
*shakes head*

taking the ****
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
All of his products are available there, and in stock too.
Magic shops are selling on Amazon. Smile

Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Super pro writer (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL