The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ammar's Iceman Cometh (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Has anyone found a commercially available 'ice-tray' in Bicycle size to make the mold for this trick? Ammar's video recommends using a box for paneling tacks or something, but a quick trip to the Home Depot revealed nothing that size in plastic. I suppose I could use bridge size if I had to, but I really like to do all of my effects with Bikes. Thanks in advance!

Jay Smile
Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

Profile of Brandon Harper
I have been able to find a box of panel nails from Wal Mart to use. I originally could not find them at Home Depot as well. Hope this helps.
variable75
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of variable75
I would recommend taking a playing card there and then just eyeballing the container. I remember I went through such an adventure and I picked up a container that worked, but can't remember what it was. 10 minutes in the nail/screw aisle should do the trick. Don't forget the card!!
Have you found a situation to perform this effect? Great trick, just not very practical.
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
how about a cigarette tin?
the one's that you store bakky in(Tobacco). You know the roll you own variety.
They are about them same size as poker sized deck (thats what I keep mine in to keep them in shape).

Or Why dont you get some modelling clay and just make a mold yourself?
bish bash bosh, how long can it take.???
joebob
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of joebob
What is the effect of this trick?

Joebob
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Joebob: The basic effect is: Choose a card, tear the card up, vanish the pieces except for one, and have the restored card (except for the saved piece) appear inside the card case, literally encased in a block of ice. It's in 'The Magic of Michael Ammar' book.

Jay Smile
Tricky
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Tricky
sounds like a intercessor revelation.......
James
Paladin
View Profile
New user
Somerset, UK
58 Posts

Profile of Paladin
As wayman suggests, you could just make a mold for it... Use some plasticene, take a mold of it in plaster or resin...
"bish bash bosh"
Bonus: In between freezing with the mold, try coating it in a couple of layers of latex (or rubber adhesive) and make a stretchy or compressable deck shell... Hope I'm not stepping on anyones magical toes with that one...
...and brilliant people should cross each others cycles, like some of the nicest planets.

Oscar Wilde
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ammar's Iceman Cometh (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL