The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Braille Experience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
In this thread ( http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=20 ) Sean Waters said that he would give away a copy of "The Braille Experience" with any purchase of one of his ebooks throughout December.

I asked about buying a copy directly without buying one of his other ebooks, and Sean will sell it separately for $9 PayPal to watersmind@gmail.com

In the thread linked above, Sean describes it as his "weird and (wonderful?) one on one peek presentation entitled 'The Braille Experience'." I would agree that it is a weird idea!

This idea isn't entirely new. It is based on something nearly everyone here knows already. Sean has added a few things to it. Firstly, a subtlety which will hopefully improve the effect in memories and later descriptions of the performance. Secondly he's added a really interesting story which totally fits the method, and makes your actions feel like part of the story rather than part of the method. Thirdly he has taken something that is usually used as a bit of a gag and turned it into a decent routine.
I have read some other intriguing uses of this method elsewhere.

This can only be used when performing for 1 person. If there is a group of people then you cannot use this method. If you are unlikely to be performing in that situation then you might not use this.
All it requires is something to write on and a pen. So it can be performed fairly impromptu.

I would suggest that you don't buy this for the method... buy it for the presentation. I think this is more of a story telling piece. It is an intriguing story you could elaborate on and make your own, which perfectly blends with the method.

Overall I enjoyed this. I can see myself using it quite a bit. It has the possibility of being conversational and fun, rather than playing it up as a performance. I prefer that.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Sjrw,

Thank you for posting your comment.

All,

This is a classic method which has been utilized in several ways and published by a number of people like; Michael Weber, Corrinda, Docc Hilford to name a few. In essence, the method creates an opportunity to get an open peek of any information. The presentation offers extra nuances if the information is a word or name. The presentation justifies the actions which will (and does) amaze those not privy to the method. I don’t think I could be much more transparent than this. This is not a new idea/routine of mine. In fact, I shared a few copies 3 or 4 years ago (I think?). It has also been published in a French Periodical by Julien Losa, as well.

Sincerely,

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Braille Experience (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL